The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Economics Multiple Choice

Dunno how to phase it but anyway, I been revising the context of the subject (unit 1) however I looked at a few past papers today and noticed I cant answer most questions on the multiple choice. I don't know what to do @! the data responses look ok but its just the multiple questions
Reply 1
Start of by looking for key terms then define them, then look to see if there are any graphs you have learnt and can be applied to this question if not then you will need to have a written explanation
Reply 2
Original post by zak_kamz
Start of by looking for key terms then define them, then look to see if there are any graphs you have learnt and can be applied to this question if not then you will need to have a written explanation

What about if there is no graphs which can be applied just text
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
Original post by Skaterkid
Dunno how to phase it but anyway, I been revising the context of the subject (unit 1) however I looked at a few past papers today and noticed I cant answer most questions on the multiple choice. I don't know what to do @! the data responses look ok but its just the multiple questions

I am doing Edexcel paper swell. Basically the multiple choice question are worth 4 marks. The obvious 1st mark is to choose the right answer. The 2nd mark is define definition. e.g if the question was about opportunity cost, then define opportunity cost. The 3rd mark is to give reason why you choose your answer. and the 4th mark is why other answers are wrong. You only need to choose one out of the three wrong answers and explain it.

do all these correctly, and u should gain 4 marks
Reply 5
Original post by ryanboi
I am doing Edexcel paper swell. Basically the multiple choice question are worth 4 marks. The obvious 1st mark is to choose the right answer. The 2nd mark is define definition. e.g if the question was about opportunity cost, then define opportunity cost. The 3rd mark is to give reason why you choose your answer. and the 4th mark is why other answers are wrong. You only need to choose one out of the three wrong answers and explain it.

do all these correctly, and u should gain 4 marks

Thanks for the tip, I will try this technique in my mocks!
Reply 6
Always try and give a definition if possible, give a reason and if you think that a graph might relate to the question then draw one in, it's not like you're going to lose marks.
However, if you absolutely don't know the answer then you can get up to 2 marks (I think) for stating why some of the answers are wrong.
Reply 7
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest