Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's alright to teach atheism. Anyone who disagrees is likely to be unsure of their religion and fears opposition to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innitman_uk)
    It's alright to teach atheism. Anyone who disagrees is likely to be unsure of their religion and fears opposition to it.
    that is true, does anyone disagree with it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think religious education should be taught in schools at all. Pupils should have the right to make that decision by themselves.
    However, in replace of religion, there should be a class or area of the curriculum geared towards making students more tolerant of those who are different, in any way.

ReputationRep:
    good news, a small step forward in the fight against white supremacy

ReputationRep:
    You what? White supremacy? :\

anyway, yeah this is a very good idea.

ReputationRep:
    well jesus was born in Bethlehem right, which is present day middle east, which in that time was Africa now split by the man made suez canal. Jesus is painted in pictures as some sort of Anglo, yet it is more likely he was of a more tanned complextion if he was born in this area. Yet everywhere Jesus and Christmas is associated with anglo saxons. Hell, most scholars agree Africa was the birth of civilzation so if this is true as many believe why is the Garden of Eden shown as some sort Of scandinavian holiday resort. Everything associated with Christianity is now White, while in the Bible their are refrences noting many dark skinned people. Look at Moses for example again he was born in present day middle east, and if his parents were attempting to try and hide him why send a baby of Anglo complextion to a place of dark skinned people such as Egypt, it doesn't make sense, he would stick out like a sore thumb.
    White Christians reject the notion of christ or god being black as they maybe sub-conciously see themselves as the pure race afterall god made homo sapiens sapiens in the image of himself right.

Listen I'm not a blinded Afro-centrist I just seek the truth, but something is serioulsy wrong here, nor am I a Christian anymore, not because I believe it is white mans faith which it is not, just I reject how it's presented in Western Culture.

The first pictures of Jesus were drawn in the 14th or 15th centuary by ronam emperors I think, who would obviously try and represent jesus and god in their image. In the Roman Catombs their are pictures I hear of jesus with distinct facial features which you would associate closer to Negroes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJ No.18)
    well jesus was born in Bethlehem right, which is present day middle east, which in that time was Africa now split by the man made suez canal. Jesus is painted in pictures as some sort of Anglo, yet it is more likely he was of a more tanned complextion if he was born in this area. Yet everywhere Jesus and Christmas is associated with anglo saxons. Hell, most scholars agree Africa was the birth of civilzation so if this is true as many believe why is the Garden of Eden shown as some sort Of scandinavian holiday resort. Everything associated with Christianity is now White, while in the Bible their are refrences noting many dark skinned people. Look at Moses for example again he was born in present day middle east, and if his parents were attempting to try and hide him why send a baby of Anglo complextion to a place of dark skinned people such as Egypt, it doesn't make sense, he would stick out like a sore thumb.
    White Christians reject the notion of christ or god being black as they maybe sub-conciously see themselves as the pure race afterall god made homo sapiens sapiens in the image of himself right.

Listen I'm not a blinded Afro-centrist I just seek the truth, but something is serioulsy wrong here, nor am I a Christian anymore, not because I believe it is white mans faith which it is not, just I reject how it's presented in Western Culture.

The first pictures of Jesus were drawn in the 14th or 15th centuary by ronam emperors I think, who would obviously try and represent jesus and god in their image. In the Roman Catombs their are pictures I hear of jesus with distinct facial features which you would associate closer to Negroes
    Ok, fair enough.
    The last Roman emperor was in the 5th century, though.

ReputationRep:
    remember there is a clause in the 1944 education act to ssay that with permission from parents you don't have to study RE.

MB

ReputationRep:
    of course wha t an idiot I don't think Queen Mary would be to happy with me

ReputationRep:
    Yeh its a good idea but I don't think it goes far enough - I don't like how its not compulsery which means that relgious schools are still allowed to brain wash vunerable minds.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent idea. And it's no surprise that a disproportianate number of atheists here. This forum attracts a lot of bright people, and theists tend to be brighter than theists, evidence here: http://www.objectivethought.com/atheism/iqstats.html

ReputationRep:
    You don't even need to go that far for evidence, as one of those researchers stated 2/3 of US are religious. No more needs so be said.

By the way anyone seen Madonnas Like a Prayer, wonder if she is Atheist, I know she went to a catholic school as a child. Must of been a highly controversial video at the time, very brave girl, no wonder many people in the higher echelons of society have a certain dislike for her.

Incidently I remember on one of these I.Q test on the net reading she has an I.Q of 154

ReputationRep:
    im all for this, but what are they going to teach? isnt it just not believing in anything......

i think it should be based on agnosticism, not atheism.....(there is a difference)

ReputationRep:
    I know what your saying. It's a step, maybe in future the'll move towards Agnostic beleifs, and anyway if they teach about atheism they'll have to show why people choose to be atheist. This may help inform people of the fallacious teachings in the Bible about human race or help teach the misinterpretation of the Bible and other religions. It is all inter-linked. Remember everything really worth happening takes time.

Religion in my view promotes ethnocentrism.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.