Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_tucker)
    I'm stuck thousands of miles on the wrong side of the Atlantic. Its sucks so bad sometimes, not that I would give up being in Canada for the world. I just wish I could move everything over here (selfish i know but hey I'll live!)
    Know exactly how you feel! It's such a pain having them on the other side of the ocean! Been trying to convince my mom to fly him over to the UK... tho I know it'll never happen lol. Ironic thing is we got him from Ireland and flew him to the States before I knew I was coming to Scotland-- if we'd only waited, he could have made a shorter trip! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a horse. I have ridden up to BSJA foxhunter. I love it but it is bloody expensive. Love the Msn pictures of above poster. Your at the DEEP too. I m from Hull u see.

I think you so very brave doing cross country, those jumps don't give! Cognac has been ill and my Msn pictures are awful. I am heartbroken to see him looking so bad, so I won't show u all

ReputationRep:
    aww Laura, I'm sorry. Its horrid when they are ill. My boy was meant to go to a party (show) this morning but is incredibly stiff in his hind again. He's only 12 and it breaks my heart sometimes to see him so down and uncomfortable.

I'm based not overly far from you btw out at Lincoln (i am currently in Canada but that doesn't count). Small world!

ReputationRep:
    I know I was in hospital ill and we paid a women full livery, and I mean a decent sum of money too. She stopped feeding him and mucking him out. He lost weight really quicky because he was so senstive to it. It was awful I trusted her but he is getting better now

ReputationRep:
    God thats attrocious...some people have a serious lack of morals/caring genes. Glad you got him out of there quick and hope you are feeling/getting better yourself

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think from this photo he is getting better, not got a lot of top line though and his coat is drab compared to before. He seems happier in him self
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    ah you'll get there...it takes time and its always a good sign when they start getting better in themselves!!

If anyone knows any herbel/holisitc treatment for arthritis can you let me know (obviously in horses!) or if you've had experience of cortaflex! Ta very muchly

ReputationRep:
    Ive been riding for about 11 years at Summerhouse Education and Equitation Centre (http://www.summerhouseec.co.uk), for the past year I have been working there P/T!
    I love it, the people are great I know all the horses really well. Even the little ponies because I used to ride them!
    I've never owned or loaned my own but used to regularly hacked out on my aunties 16.3hh ex-racehorse.
    I will post pics of some of my darlings at work and my aunties beasties as soon as i can get on my other computer and download them onto my laptop.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    My, another horse thread.

I've got a 16hh TB ex racehorse at the minute. I rescued him and he's getting better so far. When I bought him he hadn't had his feet done for 6 months and his headcollar was embedded in his face. He's looking a lot better 3 months on but he still has a long way to go. I think I'll end up hunting or eventing him.

ReputationRep:
    Wow so many arab owners !!

Awww this threads made me upset lol, its reminded me of riding and how much I miss it!!

I started when i was 7 and when I was 12 I got my own Arab, she was absolutly stunning and lovely natured for an arab!! They're usually flighty and skitty, she had her moments but above all she was an absolute babe, my 3 year old niece use to sit on her no problem and she'd potter round like an old riding school pony!! Then she'd completly change for me and be soo cheeky and so much fun !!

Then when i was 14 three years ago we went away on holiday and left my dad looking after her, on the last day she got kicked in the field and broke her leg. She had to be put down the day I got back

I kinda stopped riding from there and haven't truly got back into it which is a damn shame-I use to live for it but can't bare it with out her!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Contrary_Gem)
    Sorry to read of what happened nina_100 - it just doesn't bare thinking about!! I hope you can eventually rediscover it for yourself.
    Unfortunatly they can't last forever, I had 3 horses die within a week of each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_tucker)
    If anyone knows any herbel/holisitc treatment for arthritis can you let me know (obviously in horses!) or if you've had experience of cortaflex! Ta very muchly
    I've had two horses on Cortaflex, including my current one. He's 10 now and apparently had some jewelry when we got him 3 years ago, but he's held up really well so far, especially considering I'm eventing him. I think the Cortaflex is probably helping, and it's easy to give (even more so with the pellets!). My old horse, Silver, was 19 and I was eventing him at a pretty good height, so it probably did him good as well. Not sure what other information would be necessary...

Have you considered injecting their hocks?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks littleheadache. Its arthritus in his hips not his hocks, but he's had injections in his hips yet to little use, he's 12 and this is at least his 3rd year of sufferent from it and its getting a little frustrating for him and me! I'm going to try some cortaflex although he's been on glucosamine before (similar stuff) and I think I'm going to look further into Magnetic therapy. Still quite Sceptical (sp) about it (i need logical science reasoning) but anythings worth a shot right now.

ReputationRep:
    These are my aunties 3 beasts! I used to hack out on William a lot but don't have the time anymore. I've rode pony once and he bronced with me lol and point blank refused to move! He learned to pull a trap at the age of 3ish within a week and loves it. I think hes about 5 now! Ash is crazy as hell and dangerous. She has given up now when she gets tired, she throws herself to the floor whether she has a rider or not.

(L-R)Firework William and Ashton Iron Miden. Paco D'iablo in foreground
    William is a 16.2hh TB ex-racehorse who never came close to making it, he was saved form the knackers. HE mainly hacks and does a few unaffiliated SJ!
    Ash is just a muppet and I have no idea how big pony is now! My sister is going to ride him and school him jumping as shes a better size for him than me and my auntie, I'm very jealous that she gets to finish breaking him because I've been riding longer but nm!

ReputationRep:
    Nice horses how did u add the picture tp the post instead of linking it like mine
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Theres a button three away from the font button, saying insert image!
    That's a gorgeous horse!

ReputationRep:
    I ride and groom for Emma Gibson's show hunters....I groomed for the RIHS, Bath & West and HOYS last year. I'll probably be working FT for her while at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh lots of gorgeous horses and ponies!! They all look fab.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Anna!!

ReputationRep:
    The Interpretor (Mary) on my picture died aged 9 of sudden gut failure. She was a really good showjumper too, such a waste

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 11, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.