Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh bless, what a lovely pony, thats so sad you have to sell her, you must be gutted she looks adorable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StaVix)
    oh bless, what a lovely pony, thats so sad you have to sell her, you must be gutted she looks adorable
    she is perfect and it sucks but there's no other option

ReputationRep:
    ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    I was interested in this boy, but I just missed out on him.

I'm looking for a sane sensible horse that can go out and hack quietly, but also do some local shows. The above is a young ex racer who failed racing due to being a bit of a plod. I've got the trainer keeping an eye out for me though. I wasn't going to look at a another TB, but I really do find them the most sensible of horses.

Hey BlackHawk, I've come across the horse you were after on another forum if you're interested!! Here he is: http://www.newrider.com/forum/showth...d=1#post996987 just so you know how he's getting on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheryl06)
    http://www.horsedeals.co.uk/horsedet...?horseid=17339

:thumpdown :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Sorry to hear that you have to sell her...she looks lovely- really pretty....

ReputationRep:
    that looks a good website, have just registered. thanks for posting the link on here even if it was for blackhawk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coss)
    that looks a good website, have just registered. thanks for posting the link on here even if it was for blackhawk

Tell me who you'll be!! I've kept the same name as on here!! I frequent the showjumping section mostly!! I am quite hated on there because of accurate critiqueing!!

ReputationRep:
    i am coss, same name as here. i have mainly been in dressage section but haven't really investigated many other places yet but it does look rather good!!! am on it right now at the same time as here so i'll try and find you...

ReputationRep:
    found you... your critique is good, people just have a problem with accepting faults, its a hman thing!
    My instructor will sometimes swap us about (there is only 3 on the lesson including me) so we get a feel for each horse and at the end she'll say, who has the best walk, trot, canter etc and why. then it will be what did you think was bad about the horse, and we all know each other and accept our horses do have faults and so we are honest and we try and find a way to get throught the problem if there is one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coss)
    found you... your critique is good, people just have a problem with accepting faults, its a hman thing!
    My instructor will sometimes swap us about (there is only 3 on the lesson including me) so we get a feel for each horse and at the end she'll say, who has the best walk, trot, canter etc and why. then it will be what did you think was bad about the horse, and we all know each other and accept our horses do have faults and so we are honest and we try and find a way to get throught the problem if there is one.
    Thanks I don't know what their problem is!! My RI used to make us do that in a lesson of 8- great fun, though there was ALWAYS one boy who coudln't swap because he was so crap, but WAY too big to be in a lower lesson!! Comic!

ReputationRep:
    i get the impression that a certain teabiscuit finds me rather annoying as i don't like welshes.

She has just recently made the thread Why do Welshies get such a bad press?

came to a bit of blows in this thread http://www.newrider.com/forum/showth...729#post997729

i actually now find it amusing though

ReputationRep:
    I cant be bothered to register but i am with you Coss, I dont like welshies, the small ones are nightmares, spoilt, over exuberant and generally naughty, compared to a nice new forest for example? as they get bigger ie the welsh cobs they are just.... generally quite spooky, naughty again and far too clever for their own goods!. Give me a nice TB/polo pony any day

ReputationRep:
    I love little ponies, so sweet. Never had a pony before. It was so embarassing at a show once. I was jumping and my Dad and his friends got hammered in the beer tent. They were judging the in hand Shetlands, and they all started shouting to the judge, its a ..pony mate... as he carefully inspected it. Sooo embarassed. Mum was mad

ReputationRep:
    Rosie is a welsh x...shes v. good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StaVix)
    I cant be bothered to register but i am with you Coss, I dont like welshies, the small ones are nightmares, spoilt, over exuberant and generally naughty, compared to a nice new forest for example? as they get bigger ie the welsh cobs they are just.... generally quite spooky, naughty again and far too clever for their own goods!. Give me a nice TB/polo pony any day
    most welshs i have met have been brats (there are the few exceptions) but most use their intelligence against the rider instead of with.
    Different people want to do different things so i suppose we have to accept that some people will be passionate about them. some will probably hate arabs and thoroughbreds and we ain't gonna convert em (unfortunately)

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate any breed although I prefer some to others. I think it's the same sorta thing with colours, for example, some people hate coloureds and I am a reformed coloured hater since having Rosie. Personally, I've only ever had a connemara x, a welsh x and a New Forest and Rosie is brill so my experience of Welshies is not the same as others may be . Although I do agree that some are cheeky buggers. My connemara x was much more of a brat than Rosie, same with Pepsi, the New Forest, who was the naughtiest and most hyper 29 year old ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coss)
    most welshs i have met have been brats (there are the few exceptions) but most use their intelligence against the rider instead of with.
    Different people want to do different things so i suppose we have to accept that some people will be passionate about them. some will probably hate arabs and thoroughbreds and we ain't gonna convert em (unfortunately)

I too cannot stand them and have posted on the thread- resulting in yet MORE bad feeling!! HEHEHE!

ReputationRep:
    i read it - very amusing. some people just can't take constructive critisism (sp?) with your other posts. it is very constructive and you do explain it rather than just saying for instance, your leg is too far back, you at least explain why this is bad and how it could be improved. people should take note! some of the people on that site thoroughly annoy/amuse me though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coss)
    i read it - very amusing. some people just can't take constructive critisism (sp?) with your other posts. it is very constructive and you do explain it rather than just saying for instance, your leg is too far back, you at least explain why this is bad and how it could be improved. people should take note! some of the people on that site thoroughly annoy/amuse me though.
    Thank you There are some really nasty pieces of work :mad: and a few who are so pleased with critique to improve themselves that they can't say thank you enough!!

ReputationRep:
    just registered with that site

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 11, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.