Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqvvn_lorenzo

ReputationRep:
    i do horse-riding as well

i even won the championship of Bavaria / Germany in 2004

i got 3 horses on my own and i love riding
    it's just not possible when im here in wales coz there is no possibility 4 me. i need my dressage and my jumping training... but soon itll be possible again... just 37 days left 2 go home

what about u chaps? do u also have horses (i'm too lazy 2 read through all this 55 pages)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schniiienchen)
    i do horse-riding as well

i even won the championship of Bavaria / Germany in 2004

i got 3 horses on my own and i love riding
    it's just not possible when im here in wales coz there is no possibility 4 me. i need my dressage and my jumping training... but soon itll be possible again... just 37 days left 2 go home

what about u chaps? do u also have horses (i'm too lazy 2 read through all this 55 pages)?
    :laugh: :ridinghor
    I have two arabs and love dressage

ReputationRep:
    Schniiienchen - didn't you think about taking one of your horses to the UK? It would be extremely hard forme to resign from riding, and I think I'll have to- I got rejected from Cambridge, chose to go to UCL and keeping a horse in Lodon is extremely expensive, unless I find a really good part -time job. If anyone knows a nice and cheep liverly yard in London, accessible by public transport, please write here about it or PM me

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I dunno if these places do livery but if you want somewhere to ride then they're apparently both good and accessible by the Tube and a bit of a walk/the bus:

http://www.trentpark.com/TPEC/Content/About.asp

http://www.wvstables.com/index.htm

Hope this helps/provides a starting point.

I must just add that both are very polite on the phone if you need to ask any questions/want to enquire about anything!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pure_joy)
    Schniiienchen - didn't you think about taking one of your horses to the UK? It would be extremely hard forme to resign from riding, and I think I'll have to- I got rejected from Cambridge, chose to go to UCL and keeping a horse in Lodon is extremely expensive, unless I find a really good part -time job. If anyone knows a nice and cheep liverly yard in London, accessible by public transport, please write here about it or PM me

heya thanks 4 ur tipp

yea well, u gotta now, that it is even more expensive 2 take my horses or even only 1 of them 2 the Uk
    u know i have school every day til 6 o'clock and then loads of homework. (kurwa :P)
    its better 4 my horses 2 be in germany coz they can stay in their form and they can keep their training, which is quite important bcoz of all those competitions which i have every weekend when im at home
    but thanks a lot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schniiienchen)
    heya thanks 4 ur tipp

yea well, u gotta now, that it is even more expensive 2 take my horses or even only 1 of them 2 the Uk
    u know i have school every day til 6 o'clock and then loads of homework. (kurwa :P)
    its better 4 my horses 2 be in germany coz they can stay in their form and they can keep their training, which is quite important bcoz of all those competitions which i have every weekend when im at home
    but thanks a lot...
    You go back to Germany every weekend? BLIMEY!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coss)
    lol, horses are not notorious for their memory but they do have one that is longer than 6 weeks :cool:
    It's late, I'm tired and was just thinking how humorous it would be if after say, 3 months off work a former top showjumping horse was put to a fence and just stopped and was like 'WHA...??'

Hehehe!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loser88)
    It's late, I'm tired and was just thinking how humorous it would be if after say, 3 months off work a former top showjumping horse was put to a fence and just stopped and was like 'WHA...??'

Hehehe!!
    thats what my pony does with jumps over 18 inches :rolleyes: problem is he does it every time you come to it for about 3 times, if it changes slightly (different colour pole for example) then we get the "WHA", agree, a funny thought
    (Original post by loser88)
    You go back to Germany every weekend? BLIMEY!!
    glad i'm not the only one to read it that way! are you mad? i thought travelling 50 miles was bad!

ReputationRep:
    I think she ment she has competitions every weekend during vacation - it seems more likely than going back to Germany every week.

u know i have school every day til 6 o'clock and then loads of homework
    . well, its expensive, but as an uni student you can work part-time, and it's hard to do while at school. And I don't have anyone to train my horse when I go to UK- all my friends here are doing showjumping, they don't have the patience to train a dressage horse. So I'd rather take him with me if I can afford it.
    (kurwa :P)
    you have done some competitions in Poland, haven't you?

loser88 - thanks for the links

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been in this thread for ages!!! Still can't ride because of my back and rosie is going back up for sale in march unfortunately.

There have been some disasters at my yard recently, one horse died really suddenly with what the thought might ave been salmonella. Another was rushed to the vets about two days ago because she was severely lame. At first the owners couldn't see anything obvious but then they found a cut just below the hock on the off hind. They called the vet out in the morning because the horse hadn't moved all night and the cut started squirting fluid so the vet said it was best to take her down to the surgery. So it turns out that she has been kicked very hard and it is very serious because they think that it may have affected the joint and so she is having to have surgery which will hopefully sort it out. If not she will have to be put down or will never be ridden again. What a nightmare!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheryl06)
    Haven't been in this thread for ages!!! Still can't ride because of my back and rosie is going back up for sale in march unfortunately.

There have been some disasters at my yard recently, one horse died really suddenly with what the thought might ave been salmonella. Another was rushed to the vets about two days ago because she was severely lame. At first the owners couldn't see anything obvious but then they found a cut just below the hock on the off hind. They called the vet out in the morning because the horse hadn't moved all night and the cut started squirting fluid so the vet said it was best to take her down to the surgery. So it turns out that she has been kicked very hard and it is very serious because they think that it may have affected the joint and so she is having to have surgery which will hopefully sort it out. If not she will have to be put down or will never be ridden again. What a nightmare!!
    poor you do you know how long your back is going to prevent you getting back on?

Your yard is having a tough time. do you know what brought in the salmonella or is it fluke, i feel sorry for the owners of that horse and the 2nd. the mood must be really down
    hope thing perk up soon, for you and the yard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coss)
    poor you do you know how long your back is going to prevent you getting back on?

Your yard is having a tough time. do you know what brought in the salmonella or is it fluke, i feel sorry for the owners of that horse and the 2nd. the mood must be really down
    hope thing perk up soon, for you and the yard.
    No idea what brought on the salmonella, it all just happened overnight. I don't think I will be able to ride til about April which will make it a year. The thing is that the doctors are worried that if i have a bad fall again a y paralyse myself so its all a bit dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    just think of nick skelton, they thought he'd never ride again but he's back at the top. i can't begin to imagine a year of no riding fingers crosses when april comes you'll be back in the saddle. you need to ride to build up the muscles to help everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coss)
    just think of nick skelton, they thought he'd never ride again but he's back at the top. i can't begin to imagine a year of no riding fingers crosses when april comes you'll be back in the saddle. you need to ride to build up the muscles to help everything
    This is true however it may end up being a lot longer than this if we sell Rosie before then because then I will have no one to ride

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else had to modify neck covers so that they become more efficient? my mum had to add some elastic and the zips don't match each other on the other neck rug :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sheryl, you only have 3 months before you can ride again, makes sure you do!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coss)
    sheryl, you only have 3 months before you can ride again, makes sure you do!!!
    I will have nothing to ride unfortunately :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    find something!!! there must be a horse out there that you can pop on for half an hour or so

ReputationRep:
    I've just come back home from a show- my 4-yr-old's first show ever he did pretty well yesterday, but on Friday, when he found himself in a new place he was really uneasy. looks like it was a good decision to go there one day before the show to let him get used the the new place.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 11, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.