Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lots of healing thoughts for Frey Ellewoods. Keep us updated. If its any comfort Magic had an abcess by his tooth after the farrier had been, he was in a bit of discomfort but it swelled and then popped one day when the infection had reached the surface. Like the vet said you would never have known and you did the best thing for him getting the vet out. Fingers crossed it all clears up quickly and easily.
    Anna

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the sweet messages

Just feeling a bit rubbish

Will keep you posted how he goes with the antibiotics xx
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by anna_tucker)
    Ahh Black hawk you need some hardy dales...the 'poor' beasts are out there in their woolly coats and nothing more. They are still v.warm I hasten to add.
    I wish! I've always wanted a Dales! Somehow I always end up with TBs though. I think I'm turning into more of a rescue centre than anything else! There is an appaloosa foal going to be born on the yard next week hopefully, so I'll be considering buying it off it's owners. I want to produce a youngster again.

ReputationRep:
    Yer thats bad Elle, hope it works out!!! Coss I think your horse is lovely

ReputationRep:
    I have just startted riding again after 5 years away from it! My mum breeds Arabs, and i used to ride them till she emigrated to the states! I absolutely love riding and would love my own but i cant afford to just yet!

ReputationRep:
    yeah!!! another Arab fan. What type of Arabs does your mum breed.
    I like Crabbet Arabs - Their not so fine boned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellewoods)
    Thanks for the sweet messages

Just feeling a bit rubbish

Will keep you posted how he goes with the antibiotics xx
    Hope your horse gets better. If he seems happy eating i'm sure he'll be fine. Cheer up - if you feel bad, your horse will feel worse

ReputationRep:
    I think Cognac is finally putting some weight on, hes not himself but finally looking better. It's his back end. Not as it was. Cannot wait to give him a bath to cheer him up, he loves baths
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    silens_fatuus: hehe, i drive past that place when I go to Gloucester cinema or shopping. My BF lives in Stroud and I live further down in a little town called Malmesbury, near Cirencester/Chippenham. I always peer over at the barns and stuff cos anything remotely horsey looking grabs my attention!! It looks quite big. I should start riding again, what kind of stuff do they do?
    dooby x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dooby)
    silens_fatuus: hehe, i drive past that place when I go to Gloucester cinema or shopping. My BF lives in Stroud and I live further down in a little town called Malmesbury, near Cirencester/Chippenham. I always peer over at the barns and stuff cos anything remotely horsey looking grabs my attention!! It looks quite big. I should start riding again, what kind of stuff do they do?
    dooby x x
    Um they do riding, from very beginning to advanced type people. Um 2 huge indoor arenas, one olympic sized outdoor arena, full set BSJA jumps, x-cross course. By my reckoning about 40ish school horses and ponies!
    Also do unaffilated SJ and dressage, affiliated SJ and Dressage, ODEs!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I haven't done any competitions with my horse since last year and I'm just starting to build up his fitness again so we can do a few indoor showjumping comps.
    I forgot how much I get out of riding him 3/4 times a week and just simple things like schooling him and improving on tiny things. I wish I had more time... grrr college. I can't wait until after my exams I'll beable to do so much more competing again!
    Here are some pictures of my baby, some are from a while ago...
    then there's one of my little shetland Sooty when I was taking her a walk the other week!

Name:  cheekymonkey.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  153.7 KB

Name:  robbiefeb05.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  robbie.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  sootyinthesnow.jpg
Size:  190.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    They are GORGEOUS! I am very partial to grays :P and little ones are adorable... I learned to ride on this little shetland (gray, of course) named Tinkerbell. The cutest thing alive, but boy was she naughty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    I wish! I've always wanted a Dales! Somehow I always end up with TBs though. I think I'm turning into more of a rescue centre than anything else! There is an appaloosa foal going to be born on the yard next week hopefully, so I'll be considering buying it off it's owners. I want to produce a youngster again.
    Ah I'm in love with spotty foals right now...when i was really bored I got slightly hooked on a foalcam from the US and saw a spotty born. Not quite like the real thing but I'll miss the real thing this year so it was a good alternative.

Youngsters are always great ot bring on, we're lucky in that we breed our own so we've always got something to play with. Three foals due this spring though...so exciting!!

Hows Frey ellewoods??

Cognac's looking good Laura, sounds like he's on his way back to normality which is excellant for you.

Hanski they are gorgeous...I can't cope with greys though! Too much cleaning lol! Black hides the dirt...talking of which the yard is off to a show. I love this time of year...so much anticipation before we get out into that ring again!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanski)
    Hi,
    I haven't done any competitions with my horse since last year and I'm just starting to build up his fitness again so we can do a few indoor showjumping comps.
    I forgot how much I get out of riding him 3/4 times a week and just simple things like schooling him and improving on tiny things. I wish I had more time... grrr college. I can't wait until after my exams I'll beable to do so much more competing again!
    Here are some pictures of my baby, some are from a while ago...
    then there's one of my little shetland Sooty when I was taking her a walk the other week!

Name:  cheekymonkey.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  153.7 KB

Name:  robbiefeb05.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  robbie.jpg
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  sootyinthesnow.jpg
Size:  190.1 KB
    Wow- ur grey is a real beaut! Have you done working hunters with him? He looks like he'd do pretty nicely!

ReputationRep:
    ah now he is gorgeous BlackHawk!! He looks to be a real smart horse. Who's his dad?

Well they been out to the first big show of the season this year...I won't bore you with results but we got 1st, 2nd and two thirds along with reserve champ so a good day. This is the little yearlings first trip out saying...what the hell are those things.... lol!

she is a real sweetie and hopefully will grow into those knees lol!

and this is the five year old after taking reserve champ...

as you can see it was snowing so we packed up early and headed home lol

ReputationRep:
    I love this horse - looks just the right size for me too
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    gorgeous horses, think I'm more in love with dales now!

His dad is Hubbly Bubbly who is of Native Dancer lines.

ReputationRep:
    Well done anna! They are so lovely.

ReputationRep:
    They are wonderful horses. I like the one of him rolling BlackHawk

ReputationRep:
    These are some of the horses I've worked with recently. The chap in the stalls being tacked up is Master Farrier (Frankie) who was my regular ride over the summer. He has just started racing and that was him getting ready for his first ever race at Hexham.
    The grey is the horse I rode the last time I went out to Spain to ride. He's a 16.2hh Cortujano and is absolutely gorgeous.
    Attached Images

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 11, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.