Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RanchmanNukes)
    No, as I fear you will use wit effectively to make a mockery of what I say. Or not.
    Thats what your mum said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -1066-)
    You talk absoulte ****e, I have to read your post about three times before I know what you are on about. I meant that the people in this thread do know what they are going on about, they aren't whining - maybe they are just a bit pissed off because their parents are paying for people to stay on at school simply for the EMA, and that they are being told that they don't need money if their parents earn over a certain amount of money.
    You need to read all the stuff in this thread before you state maybe's or hit me with your swearing.

Your point about getting through A Levels made me laugh, why would the government want people to do A Levels who are going to fail? That's just stupid. Also; are you saying to me that the people that don't get EMA do not do their work in college? Or that they don't try hard? FFS, open your silly little eyes and get into the real world, no-one is forced to go to college, you want to go there and the people that don't get EMA obviously want to do something with their life, as there are a hell of a lot of people that go to sixth form or college simply for the EMA. (That isn't to say that the people that get EMA don't want to do well, I'm only talking about the money grabbers here not the genuine people that get EMA, FFS I get £10 myself, I'm just looking at it from every point of view rather than of some of the small minded morons that have graced this thread.)
    Neither am i saying that someone is "forced", - i meant: to improve their attendance, or atleast go to college to do GNVQs,A levels, and NVQs - success or failure.
    Yes fail or not -If they were only to provide EMA to those who achieve passing grades, it wouldve been easy for them to create conditions that EMA will only be available if students achieve a passing grade. dont you think?
    i didnt say either that anyone not taking EMA arent doing well or not bothered do work. i meant SOME and i think that was wholly understandable, even my friends at the college agrees with me.

im not pointing out either that people receiving EMA are those people only interested with the money.
    Sadly, there ARE people who goes to college (who also doesnt get EMA) but miss a lot of college lessons. Do you think this guys go to college to achieve a better life in the future?

P.S.-.-' you should calm down a bit 1066, stressing out wouldnt really help much! sorry for any miscommunication but dont sw**r.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not stressed out, and if I want to swear - then I will. It's allowed, in context.

I don't think people who are doing resits and no A Levels should get it, because they are the people going nowhere in life. If they can't manage the bare minimum of 5 A-C's then they don't deserve money for being thick.

ReputationRep:
    So what age should we give them the IQ test and get rid of the thick ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxJaninexX)
    So what age should we give them the IQ test and get rid of the thick ones?
    If someone wants to resit their GCSE's because they are thick, let them. But why the hell should they get paid from the tax payer?

ReputationRep:
    The tax payer pays for a lot that i dont believe they should. But its the term thick i do not agree with. If someone fails and exam, it doesnt mean they are thick. Not at all. Exams arent everything.

ReputationRep:
    well actually they way its seen by lots of economists, the lesser the tax becomes, the rich becomes richer while the poor becomes poorer coz services and benefits like 'better' education, will only be available to people who can afford it. those who cant will be stuck in the bottom, and unable to compete fairly. the l33ch3rs are the problem really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy_Holidays)
    I get £10 EMA each week and it goes on my dinner money. I wouldn't be supprised if most people in my area get no EMA because I live in quite a posh and expensive area. My parents don't seem too badly off but thats probably because their business pays for quite a bit (eg. computer and car).
    I believe EMA should be given in voucher form and it should be regulated to make sure it is spent on the right things. Either vouchers or a special card. That way you could use it at school and stationers etc.
    amen to that. Why exactly is it in cash form and why is it paid into the student's bank account? Well, that's because it's meant to encourage people to go to college by PAYING them to. The government don't care what it's spent on as long as their bribe works.

ReputationRep:
    thats exactly the point im making

ReputationRep:
    The tax payer pays for a lot that i dont believe they should. But its the term thick i do not agree with. If someone fails and exam, it doesnt mean they are thick. Not at all. Exams arent everything.
    I wont neg you back, as you are entitled to your opinion, as for the other jumped up idiot. My views on EMA do not need revising, as you stated. I am entitled to my opinion, in fact both your neg reps only took 6 points off me so it's not big deal.

ReputationRep:
    If someone wants to resit their GCSE's because they are thick, let them. But why the hell should they get paid from the tax payer?
    Usually I would let this slip but since you are ranting on about those who you deem aren't clever enough should not receive EMA then I feel I must do my duty. Why does GCSEs have an apostrophe? Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RanchmanNukes)
    Usually I would let this slip but since you are ranting on about those who you deem aren't clever enough should not receive EMA then I feel I must do my duty. Why does GCSEs have an apostrophe? Idiot.
    :rofl:

That isn't you 'doing your duty', it's just you being sad enough to point something so trivial out.

ReputationRep:
    I havent negged you for this thread??????

You can have your opinion, and do agree with the escense of it. BUT, my point is just because someone fails a GCSE, it doesnt mean they are thick. There are a thousands reasons why a person may fail and want to retake.

If a person doesnt do well the first time and is dertimined to do them again and go further in life great for them. It doesnt mean they are thick.

ReputationRep:
    I havent negged you for this thread??????
    subs get to see who has given them rep, good or bad. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My friend kelly can't get ema but I do we always get into massive arguments. She says its unfair but she gets a tenner a week from parents they often pay for her dinner at school or taxi and she often goes on holiday and then for dinner they have indian or chinease twice a week etc.. Most people who don't get ema have no realisation on what life in a family who do get ema is truely like..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amberoo)
    My friend kelly can't get ema but I do we always get into massive arguments. She says its unfair but she gets a tenner a week from parents they often pay for her dinner at school or taxi and she often goes on holiday and then for dinner they have indian or chinease twice a week etc.. Most people who don't get ema have no realisation on what life in a family who do get ema is truely like..

What about the people who lie?

The families that have parents claiming benefits but working on the sly? The families that lie and say their child lives with a grandmother or something. Just because someone gets EMA does NOT mean they need it. I know about 5 people who could live without EMA, because they've got a car or because they have an Indian twice a week.

ReputationRep:
    And just because a person doesnt, doesnt mean its not needed.

If i did rep you, i didnt mean to. I did think about it but i decided i would use that days rep for an idiot from the day before. Must have messed it up.

ReputationRep:

What about the people who lie?

The families that have parents claiming benefits but working on the sly? The families that lie and say their child lives with a grandmother or something. Just because someone gets EMA does NOT mean they need it. I know about 5 people who could live without EMA, because they've got a car or because they have an Indian twice a week.
    People who do lie etc are in a small number nd you alway get a few like that with anything you do..

ReputationRep:
    someone neg repped me here, put a comment atleast.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding whether or not those resitting GCSEs or taking level 1 or 2 vocational qualifications should get it, I think it should depend on the individual. Someone who did badly at GCSE because they messed about in class and were lazy shouldn't get it because they'd most likely do the same at college and only go for the money, but those who did work and genuinely want to better themselves deserve it.

Supernova2: could you please stop answering everything with 'your mum'? Not only is it extremely immature and makes you sound like one of the idiots who disrupt lessons and fail their GCSEs, but it also proves you have absolutely no arguments whatsoever and it's getting repetitive.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.