Turn on thread page Beta

..as the title suggests! Need some help..can't seem to get it right! Thanx! Charleney xx

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I get rid of any excess eyeliner from the brush (or whatever you want to call it). Then I hold my head back and look down into the mirror. Carefully I sweep the eyeliner as close to my lashes as possible, in one movement. The closer it is to your lashes and the thinner the line of liner, the better it looks in my opinion, so it doesn't look too gunky. Depending on the look you want to achieve you could flick it out the corners or upwards to open your eyes up.

Also, to tone it down a bit apply an eyeshadow over the liner to blend it with the rest of your makeup, otherwise it may look too harsh.

Hope that helps a bit, it was a bit hard to explain! :p:

Oooh thanku..I don't have the patience for it methinks lol! And ur explanation was good..I will try that way next time I go out! x

ReputationRep:
    Maybe when you have a bit of spare time then practice...best not to try it just before you're about to go out!!! :p:

Once you've had a few goes then you'll be able to do it quick as a flash!

ReputationRep:
    do you put eyeliner along the top/bottom of your eye or both?

Haha good idea! Some people do it so perfect..ah so jealous :p: Thanx 4 the advice again! x

ReputationRep:
    No problem :rolleyes:

alison_141288, don't know if you were directing that at me or charleney but I put liquid eyeliner on the top eyelid. I don't really wear liner on the bottom but if I do use a kohl pencil. Looks much better and more natural than liquid liner which is really bold!

ReputationRep:
    Practice, practice, practice!! Ive been wearing the stuff for years and now i can do it perfectly in a single sweep!

I don't think there is an easy way, if there was i think i definitely would have figured it out!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.