Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am doing a coursework on the estimation of iron(II) and iron(III) in a mixture containing both. This is a volumetric procedure to determine the percentage of iron 2 and 3. I am provided with 200cm3 of solution containing between 1.1g and 1.3g of iron ions as a mixture and the two ions are present to at least 30% by mass.

I don't know where to start with this courseowrk? What concentrations and quanities of soultions should I use?
    What method should I use?

I've been researching for 5 days and have found very little to do with this coursework. I know that manganate has something to do with Iron but how do you link this in? Where do I start from? PLEASE HELP!! THANKS.

ReputationRep:
    Look up redox reactions

ReputationRep:
    Im failing on the same thing.
    Ok, so i get that you have to do a redox titration, and i get how i'd do it if i knew the total mass of the iron, but i dont so im completely confused.
    My teacher has given me no help, and i've also missed two lessons on it due to illness, in otherwords, im swyved.

Please Please Please give me some help properly!!!

ReputationRep:
    Submit some coursework and become a member of coursework.info, there are plenty of courseworks on there although i think most are to do with magnesium if i remember correctly, if you still don't succeed i can send you mine tomorow, just pm me so i don't forget. I did the magnesium one but i think you should be able to understand what i've done as i think it's the same thing, i got like 24/30 or something which scraped an A :yy:

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.