Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Me!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Thanks for posting - it was getting lonely in here. How much are you looking forward to it????? I've got 54 days at work left

ReputationRep:
    There are about 4 people who were going to be on IOT2 that for various reasons will now be on IOT3

ReputationRep:
    who - people you met on the Feb Fam visits?

As far as I can make out there's 4 people on here, there's one on Air cadet central and I met one on my p2 med.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the info Reggie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmaLS)
    who - people you met on the Feb Fam visits?

As far as I can make out there's 4 people on here, there's one on Air cadet central and I met one on my p2 med.
    Two people i was talking to are now on IOT3. Neither were aware of this site so that could make six in total.

ReputationRep:
    I guess they must get quite a few people pre IOT having to defer to the next - fitness test, injury, family issues etc. Must be quite frustrating.

They must have filled No.3 though as the next board meeting is in April.

ReputationRep:
    All from Fam visit. One has had to put back because his security clearance hasn't come and 3 from failing fitness test.

ReputationRep:
    Poor them. So are you both all ready to go then? Bet you're looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, really looking forward to it, now that I got that damn fitness test out of the way, I go a week tomorrow and still have not got half the stuff I need. Still only 2 shifts left at work (and an almighty bender of a leaving night) to do, then its off to the shops

Er look at REME's post count, no wonder he has gone offline

ReputationRep:
    Lol, didn't notice when mine did that. Well the best of luck and enjoy your self - especially as you've got rather nice accomodation to look forward to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reggie_boy)
    Yeah, really looking forward to it, now that I got that damn fitness test out of the way, I go a week tomorrow and still have not got half the stuff I need. Still only 2 shifts left at work (and an almighty bender of a leaving night) to do, then its off to the shops

Er look at REME's post count, no wonder he has gone offline
    My posting this has really scuppered your last post.

I start 2 weeks tomorrow. On leave at the moment, and have to go back for my last week. I've just been warned off that I'm DS-ing a leadership cadre on Mon/Tue!

I laughed at the irony of it.

ReputationRep:
    So who's coming to Cranwell in May? I've lost track!
    You'll be seeing me there (subject to confirmation etc).

I got my letter on Friday. It is difficult expressing jubilance knowing there is also disappointment resulting from January's sift...

Time to dig the reading list out, start eating properly and jump back on that x-trainer

See you in May!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Huxley, good luck with the training. Apparantly it's very rare to fail the p2 med so I'm sure confirmation will come through.

As for 'expressing jubilance' I think as long as you realise how horrible it is for the ones who haven't gotten in (which you have) then it's OK to express a little

ReputationRep:
    Hey Huxley, good luck with the training. Apparantly it's very rare to fail the p2 med so I'm sure confirmation will come through.

As for 'expressing jubilance' I think as long as you realise how horrible it is for the ones who haven't gotten in (which you have) then it's OK to express a little
    You're right of course. Even though I was quietly confident about my chances of success, I still can't quite believe I got it!

It's strange, but I feel a little more anxious/daunted about what's ahead than I ever did before. I'm sure I'll settle down once the news has sunk in.

I'll try to keep a lid on jubilance until the evening of Dec 21st. Once I get there, you'll never get the grin off my face!

ReputationRep:
    May IOT. It's a definite maybe, but they're waiting for this,and that.... It's been so long I can't remember why I wanted to join. Next stop, RAF Boulmer in March for a branch visit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by REME-Bod)

I've just been warned off that I'm DS-ing a leadership cadre on Mon/Tue!

I laughed at the irony of it.
    Just read that. Class. OC with a sense of humour?

ReputationRep:
    I'll be joining you in May although i still haven't decided what offer to take. Either way i'll be there. Might get pissed later and decide after that. All my best plans have been formulated during a night on the booze so why change now!!!

ReputationRep:
    me!

just been accepted provisionally for may iot (atc pc) and found this forum when looking for info on it, now waiting on medical clearance etc and then i'm in.
    really looking forward to getting started
    keith

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.