Turn on thread page Beta

Happy C-Day! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow is the first anniversary of the introduction of the congestion charge. How ae you going to be spending this glorious day? will you send Ken Livingstone a birthday cake and a card? Will you join sit down protests on a few main roads thereby causing charge-less congestion?

ReputationRep:
    Throw a burning tyre over a few gatsos, and smash a few cameras.

I agree with Congestion charges in City centres, cuts traffic and aslong as the money from it is invested into the transport system then I think other cities should follow suit.

ReputationRep:
    The sooner they bring congestion charges to Manchester the better!

ReputationRep:
    Not living in London, and never planning on driving there, I really don't care.

ReputationRep:
    Tommorow, I shall celebrate C Day by streaking in London.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I support the congestion charge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    The sooner they bring congestion charges to Manchester the better!
    i wish they would for liverpool (and it's the same for banning smoking in public places... i'm totally in favour of it in liverppol.)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    send a bunch of flowers to the man/woman who came up with the idea, with a little card: Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i wish they would for liverpool (and it's the same for banning smoking in public places... i'm totally in favour of it in liverppol.)

lou xxx
    Yeah me too, the two biggest things that cuase me pain are:

1) People driving one manned cars into work in the city centre and causing traffic even though the buses are every 2 minutes or better

2) People smoking in your face all the time.

ReputationRep:

1) People driving one manned cars into work in the city centre and causing traffic even though the buses are every 2 minutes or better

wow we totally agree!!!

i would absalutely love to be able to go out and not come back smelling of smoke. it's just not nice. (i would go out in liverpool so much more if they banned smoking)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

The buses in my area are quite a squeeze inside, even though they come every 3 minutes or so. Must be the rush hour.

ReputationRep:
    Of course the congestion charge is no good considering the price hikes on public transport. Cads, what are they doing, £1 for a measly bus journey, £2.50 for a lousy bus pass, £1.50 for zone 3 on the Tube, why???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    The buses in my area are quite a squeeze inside, even though they come every 3 minutes or so. Must be the rush hour.
    2776, You mean the 36 and 36A Bus to harrogate or the small one's to Leeds???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    wow we totally agree!!!

i would absalutely love to be able to go out and not come back smelling of smoke. it's just not nice. (i would go out in liverpool so much more if they banned smoking)

lou xxx
    Manchester is very very close to banning it, all the shopping centres have banned it now, its only in the open streets and in clubs/bars you can smoke.

I am not sure if Liverpool is as keen to ban it or not but I would think they would be. Smoking dosn't effect me having nights out but the next morning when I put my jacket on and it stinks it makes me wonder what all the smoke is actually doing to me. I would say it spoils my enjoyment especialy in pubs where you're not that drunk so people smoking still anoy you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    2776, You mean the 36 and 36A Bus to harrogate or the small one's to Leeds???
    34/35 actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    Of course the congestion charge is no good considering the price hikes on public transport. Cads, what are they doing, £1 for a measly bus journey, £2.50 for a lousy bus pass, £1.50 for zone 3 on the Tube, why???
    London has a funny system, in Manchester we have Stagecoach and Firstbus. However in the student parts of South Manchester the indepent companies will charge £3 for a weekly pass! I have to pay £9.45 for mine but I can use it on any bus in the county.

I actually think the bus service in London is very poor especialy compared to Manchesters, though Manchester does have the busiest bus corridor in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    34/35 actually.
    Which ones are those? Do they go through Chapel Allerton and Chapel town???

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell the mayor to stop nicking ideas off Milton Friedman, and to introduce a charge relative to earnings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    I'd tell the mayor to stop nicking ideas off Milton Friedman, and to introduce a charge relative to earnings.
    But what if you make your earnings outside of Central London, aren't you then being penalised for being rich...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2004
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.