This discussion is closed.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Tomorrow is the first anniversary of the introduction of the congestion charge. How ae you going to be spending this glorious day? will you send Ken Livingstone a birthday cake and a card? Will you join sit down protests on a few main roads thereby causing charge-less congestion?
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Throw a burning tyre over a few gatsos, and smash a few cameras.
Mxx
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I agree with Congestion charges in City centres, cuts traffic and aslong as the money from it is invested into the transport system then I think other cities should follow suit.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The sooner they bring congestion charges to Manchester the better!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not living in London, and never planning on driving there, I really don't care.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tommorow, I shall celebrate C Day by streaking in London.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes I support the congestion charge...
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
The sooner they bring congestion charges to Manchester the better!
i wish they would for liverpool (and it's the same for banning smoking in public places... i'm totally in favour of it in liverppol.)

lou xxx
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
send a bunch of flowers to the man/woman who came up with the idea, with a little card: Thankyou
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i wish they would for liverpool (and it's the same for banning smoking in public places... i'm totally in favour of it in liverppol.)

lou xxx
Yeah me too, the two biggest things that cuase me pain are:

1) People driving one manned cars into work in the city centre and causing traffic even though the buses are every 2 minutes or better

2) People smoking in your face all the time.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

1) People driving one manned cars into work in the city centre and causing traffic even though the buses are every 2 minutes or better

wow we totally agree!!!

i would absalutely love to be able to go out and not come back smelling of smoke. it's just not nice. (i would go out in liverpool so much more if they banned smoking)

lou xxx
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

The buses in my area are quite a squeeze inside, even though they come every 3 minutes or so. Must be the rush hour.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Of course the congestion charge is no good considering the price hikes on public transport. Cads, what are they doing, £1 for a measly bus journey, £2.50 for a lousy bus pass, £1.50 for zone 3 on the Tube, why???
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
The buses in my area are quite a squeeze inside, even though they come every 3 minutes or so. Must be the rush hour.
2776, You mean the 36 and 36A Bus to harrogate or the small one's to Leeds???
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
wow we totally agree!!!

i would absalutely love to be able to go out and not come back smelling of smoke. it's just not nice. (i would go out in liverpool so much more if they banned smoking)

lou xxx
Manchester is very very close to banning it, all the shopping centres have banned it now, its only in the open streets and in clubs/bars you can smoke.

I am not sure if Liverpool is as keen to ban it or not but I would think they would be. Smoking dosn't effect me having nights out but the next morning when I put my jacket on and it stinks it makes me wonder what all the smoke is actually doing to me. I would say it spoils my enjoyment especialy in pubs where you're not that drunk so people smoking still anoy you.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
2776, You mean the 36 and 36A Bus to harrogate or the small one's to Leeds???
34/35 actually.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Of course the congestion charge is no good considering the price hikes on public transport. Cads, what are they doing, £1 for a measly bus journey, £2.50 for a lousy bus pass, £1.50 for zone 3 on the Tube, why???
London has a funny system, in Manchester we have Stagecoach and Firstbus. However in the student parts of South Manchester the indepent companies will charge £3 for a weekly pass! I have to pay £9.45 for mine but I can use it on any bus in the county.

I actually think the bus service in London is very poor especialy compared to Manchesters, though Manchester does have the busiest bus corridor in Europe.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
34/35 actually.
Which ones are those? Do they go through Chapel Allerton and Chapel town???
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd tell the mayor to stop nicking ideas off Milton Friedman, and to introduce a charge relative to earnings.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
I'd tell the mayor to stop nicking ideas off Milton Friedman, and to introduce a charge relative to earnings.
But what if you make your earnings outside of Central London, aren't you then being penalised for being rich...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (116)
25.78%
Better than expected (93)
20.67%
Worse than expected (241)
53.56%

Watched Threads