Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't get this. Most people I know are so different online - introverts go extrovert and vice versa for example. Any budding psychologists can explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innitman_uk)
    I don't get this. Most people I know are so different online - introverts go extrovert and vice versa for example. Any budding psychologists can explain?
    Surely extroverts would be more extroverted?

ReputationRep:
    it is very easy to be cocky behind a computer screen...

i can't stand these damn confident narbs that keep spamming forums...

ReputationRep:
    People know they're never going to meet the people online so they can't see what they're like. Hence they can be whoever they feel like online. I keep it real though.

Pardon the avatar...

ReputationRep:
    i'm the same as normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i'm the same as normal.
    And that's why I love you. Rare to find people who are themselves these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byakugan_neji)
    And that's why I love you. Rare to find people who are themselves these days.
    thanks hun, i believ you and juwely aka tina are aswell

ReputationRep:
    i think introverts want the chance to be outgoing and make friends as it makes them feel better. whereas extroverts possibly find posting threads and stuff to boring and just laugh at things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    thanks hun, i believ you and juwely aka tina are aswell
    Hey, I try

ReputationRep:
    It's strange, but even normally extroverted people sometimes go a bit quiet.

I'm just wondering - which you is the 'real' you? The real life 'you' could be argued to be you because that's how you are in reality. However the real life you is surely how you behave in response to things not under your control (your looks, accent etc). The online you is clearly different, yet is that you more real as that is how you behave when more of the image you present to others is under your control?

ReputationRep:

I'm just wondering - which you is the 'real' you? The real life 'you' could be argued to be you because that's how you are in reality. However the real life you is surely how you behave in response to things not under your control (your looks, accent etc). The online you is clearly different, yet is that you more real as that is how you behave when more of the image you present to others is under your control?
    sorry to be nosey but do you go to the school on Jerningham Road, new cross gate at the top of the hill?

ReputationRep:

yea id say u definately say what u think more online wheras u wouldnt in public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    yea id say u definately say what u think more online wheras u wouldnt in public.
    yeah - i'd say people are proably MORE themselves online than they are in real life

ReputationRep:
    Of course your real you and your online you can be perfectly similar...

ReputationRep:
    I'm more outgoing online. I guess I feel safer behind a computer.. not entirely sure why, but I suppose at least at first I felt that people wouldn't be able to make too many assumptions over a couple of posts; plus you can type things and delete them and retype. I never manage to say things right first time in real life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    sorry to be nosey but do you go to the school on Jerningham Road, new cross gate at the top of the hill?
    no need to apologise for being nosey. and no, i dont - i go to habs (*lowers head in shame*)

ReputationRep:
    no need to apologise for being nosey. and no, i dont - i go to habs (*lowers head in shame*)
    oh, wheres that then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    oh, wheres that then?
    its in elstree, hertfordshire. where did u think i go?

ReputationRep:
    School of exactly the same name in New Cross Gate London, i dont go there but my family live almost next to it.

ReputationRep:
    haha, snap Don't tell me you go to HABS ?!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.