The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tinykates
always the gent :biggrin:

It's the best way. Them other sorts of guys disgust me.
Reply 41
Thought experiment:

Think of yourselves as split-personalities for a second - a real you and a net you.

Does anyone feel that in the future the 'net' you will be like what the 'real' you feels like now? (ie the person you are most of the time will be the person you currently are like online, except when you converse with people in reality, when you have a different you). Or is there something about the 'real' you that means it is always your default?
if you go to a club then the girl is probably after the same thing i reckon so I have no problem chatting up girls there

anywhere else is a different matter :frown:
Reply 43
Lucy
Oh really, I go to North London Collegiate - we're supposed to be rival schools :biggrin: !

Oh we are so much "cooler" than NLC! :tongue:
Reply 44
On to the subject.
I think that on the net people to be, exactly what they want to be. They can control their persona, they have the time to do it. In real life, well it would be harder to keep up that act, and think how your imaginery persona would react .esp when in middle of convo etc.
Reply 45
BossLady
Oh we are so much "cooler" than NLC! :tongue:

haha, we still kick your asses at lacrosse though (I think... not too sure tbh :tongue: ). Are you in upper sixth? Do you know Sara Wiseman (if so, is she still sucking her thumb)?
Reply 46
Lucy
haha, we still kick your asses at lacrosse though (I think... not too sure tbh :tongue: ). Are you in upper sixth? Do you know Sara Wiseman (if so, is she still sucking her thumb)?

I'm in U6 yup. Sarah Wiseman hmm, yes I *think* she is in the my year. It's weird, I know everyonw apart from this one girl, I think it's her! If I remember rightly the people she hangs with also suck their thumbs!! hehe! Don't hold me to that though!

Well if you're beating us at lax, erm I'm sure we beat you at something else, possibly netball? Hey though our lax team is VERY strong, I bet we *do* kick your butts!!
Reply 47
BossLady
I'm in U6 yup. Sarah Wiseman hmm, yes I *think* she is in the my year. It's weird, I know everyonw apart from this one girl, I think it's her! If I remember rightly the people she hangs with also suck their thumbs!! hehe! Don't hold me to that though!

Well if you're beating us at lax, erm I'm sure we beat you at something else, possibly netball? Hey though our lax team is VERY strong, I bet we *do* kick your butts!!

Ah right, yeah she's definitely in your year then because she joined in Year 12 (left NLCS to go to HABS, dunno what that was all about :rolleyes: :tongue: ).

Hmm, not too sure about lacrosse, stopped thinking about it ever since it became non-compulsory :biggrin: We have a very strong team too mind, we even have some weirdos who are good (and crazy) enough to play for Wales and Scotland :eek: !

Anyway, as fun as this has been, I better go - sorry for not keeping to the assigned topic :wink:
Reply 48
Lucy
Ah right, yeah she's definitely in your year then because she joined in Year 12 (left NLCS to go to HABS, dunno what that was all about :rolleyes: :tongue: ).

Hmm, not too sure about lacrosse, stopped thinking about it ever since it became non-compulsory :biggrin: We have a very strong team too mind, we even have some weirdos who are good (and crazy) enough to play for Wales and Scotland :eek: !

Anyway, as fun as this has been, I better go - sorry for not keeping to the assigned topic :wink:

I think it is her, I have heard her name alot in relation to the year....
Lax....well me too...I am not a sports person hehe....
Apparently there are some sports people here playing for England I think, no idea what sport exactly, must listen out more hehe

Bubye :smile:. Nice chatting.
Reply 49
Lucy

I KNOW HER

i went to school with her when we were young

very very very young, i havent seen her since i was since i was 6, im assuming we're talking about the same girl
Reply 50
Tinykates
yeah - i'd say people are proably MORE themselves online than they are in real life

In some ways, yes! Some people in the real world tend to be a bit shy even though tey may be smart, witty etc. Some friens of mine are like that, it´s very sad!
innitman_uk
I don't get this. Most people I know are so different online - introverts go extrovert and vice versa for example. Any budding psychologists can explain?

for the hell of it wat is the point of bein a wimp they cant reach through the pc and hurt you (or can they)
Reply 52
sillynarb2
if you go to a club then the girl is probably after the same thing i reckon so I have no problem chatting up girls there

anywhere else is a different matter :frown:

I really don´t dare... that is actually strange! I have no problem talking to girls, giving them attention, being more than nice you know, I love flirting! But I don´t like to take the first step. Fear of rejection I guess.
Reply 53
I tend to be a bit more serious/reserved on messageboard then I am irl. I managed to ramble inanely just fine on MSN and the ilk though. Oh and yea, I suppose I must come across a bit differently as I throw my voice around more or less constantly when I speak and like to talk with my hands too. Two things which don't come across the best over a messageboard :wink:.
Reply 54
i'm bloody shy in front of people but online you know that you may never meet someone so can make a fool of your self
Random question: Did Damon Hill (ex F1 champ) ever go to Habs?
It's more easy to express opinion online without the soical barriers (eye to eye contact, maybe wary of people judging you, possible shyness of saying something face to face rather then at a computer) so thats why people tend to be more serious I think and why they are different.

On the other hand, people can be more nutty :wink: and not take anythinbg seriously and muck about, which then annoys the serious people... as a result you get forum drama. :biggrin:

Myself I've met people online who say I am exactly the same which might make me a bit boring :eek: but I don't say anything online I wouldn't face to face anyway... which is why my family are always telling me to shut up when I try start some debate or discussion. :redface:
Reply 57
Electric Magic
Random question: Did Damon Hill (ex F1 champ) ever go to Habs?

yes, as did sacha baron cohen (aka Ali G)
Reply 58
Mxx
It's more easy to express opinion online without the soical barriers (eye to eye contact, maybe wary of people judging you, possible shyness of saying something face to face rather then at a computer) so thats why people tend to be more serious I think and why they are different.

On the other hand, people can be more nutty :wink: and not take anythinbg seriously and muck about, which then annoys the serious people... as a result you get forum drama. :biggrin:

Myself I've met people online who say I am exactly the same which might make me a bit boring :eek: but I don't say anything online I wouldn't face to face anyway... which is why my family are always telling me to shut up when I try start some debate or discussion. :redface:

completely agree
innitman_uk
yes, as did sacha baron cohen (aka Ali G)

Legend!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending