Turn on thread page Beta

Attention Posters! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    yeah, i hate it when people reply with "LOL", what is the point?
    It would be better to put something like, "LOL, i had the same experience.............". also stupid ass 'witty' comments are sheit.

stop trying to boost your post count by posting absolute rubbish.
    LOL, i can c what ur saying

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i hate it when people reply with "LOL", what is the point?
    This is exactly my point! Eric your a master of this. You always post somthing like: "i haven't heard of that". Really, what is the point?

Also, seems to be the attention posters/threaders that don't like this thread... :eek: Roll on with the witch hunt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    no need, we know who they are already. its amusing to think that some people here have over 3000 posts and i havent replied or been on the same threads at all.
    not really - different people have different interests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    no need, we know who they are already. its amusing to think that some people here have over 3000 posts and i havent replied or been on the same threads at all.
    hehe I know exactly what you mean...
    there seem to be two different types of threads - discussion and chat. but I don´t agree that posts like "lol" are THAT bad, they just appear in the discussion; if you follow the discussion, it doesn´t bother you. What bothers me is hte number of nonsense threads! They really make posting boring sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense threads are a pain when they push down good threads and they slip into oblivion....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    This is exactly my point! Eric your a master of this. You always post somthing like: "i haven't heard of that". Really, what is the point?

Also, seems to be the attention posters/threaders that don't like this thread... :eek: Roll on with the witch hunt!
    And??? That´s called posting, don´t worry about it! I mean the discussion is a bit like a talk sometimes, and?
    Probably this post was too short to be relevant in your eyes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Nonsense threads are a pain when they push down good threads and they slip into oblivion....
    Exactly! Some good threads could attract more posts if they would live for more than five minutes until some idiot thread like "why do you think we flush the toilet?" kicks them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben2111)
    Exactly! Some good threads could attract more posts if they would live for more than five minutes until some idiot thread like "why do you think we flush the toilet?" kicks them out.
    the question is - why are these threads so popular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)

the little inbetweeeny unimportant bits are what keeps the thread running though, you know, little comments like in a conversation. Lighten up! every reply doesn't have to be a five pg essay on why they should NOT be replying with lol.

ReputationRep:
    i real love blazin squad i fink theyre mad and westlife r gay

ReputationRep:
    Also, i think that lol is a fast way of just letting someone kow that you found something they said funny or that you agree with it.

it took me 2 lines to write that when i could have just used lol. its much faster and makes the whole thread easier to read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Probably because people can write nonsense post after nonsense post and bump up their post count. I suppose some people are THAT shallow. I know I had a similar amount of posts to Bazippit and now he's over 1000! I only reply if I feel I have something to say or I'm excited abotu the topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    I don´t mean the popular ones, some just have some entertaining value. But there have been a lot of threads recently that didn´t even receive one page of answers and there answers mostly were "why another thread like this!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Probably because people can write nonsense post after nonsense post and bump up their post count. I suppose some people are THAT shallow. I know I had a similar amount of posts to Bazippit and now he's over 1000! I only reply if I feel I have something to say or I'm excited abotu the topic.
    maybe...(as i said before) if the number of posts were not counted this would not happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)

i think that lol is a fast way of just letting someone kow that you found something they said funny or that you agree with it.

it took me 2 lines to write that when i could have just used lol. its much faster and makes the whole thread easier to read.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe... some people on this forum are so easily wound up.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to name and shame 'I'm a silly narb' and 'sillynarb2' for their attention seeking posts

ReputationRep:
    I would like to name and shame 'I'm a silly narb' and 'sillynarb2' for their attention seeking posts
    Thats the spirit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    Hehe... some people on this forum are so easily wound up.
    I would like to name and shame Moog! for making this attention seeking thread!

ReputationRep:
    I would like to name and shame Moog! for making this attention seeking thread!
    Mwah xxx

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.