Can I use a Day Travelcard outside Zone 9 (to get to Guildford)?

University Navigation

    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys,

    What kind of ticket do I need to buy to get to Surrey, Guildford from East London, Barking?

    If I get a Travelcard Day Anytime ticket will this be okay for me to get to Guildford and back? Because Guildford is not in a zone/outside of zone 9.

    I'll be using both the underground and national rail.


    Well when i go from guildford to london i get a travel card and that covers the return home. Best thing to do is either pop into your local station or phone south west trains up. Is it possible to get a return london waterloo to guildford and a london travel card for tubes etc? I dont really know how to reavel out of london

    You need to buy a return to Guildford including LU travel zones 1-(whatever zone barking is in).

    Go to barking and get a Return to Guildford? That'll cover the cost of the tube (it'll have a cross symbol next to the 'route' part of the ticket)

    I have to go through london to get home to liverpool from guildford and my tube transfer between waterloo and euston is included
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2011
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.