Turn on thread page Beta

Ferret Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The Ferret Society has a game for members who are special members to the Ferret Society.
    To see the FP (Ferret Points) league table, click here.
    Please PM me if you wish to join this society.
    The Ferret Society also has group membership. Go to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php and apply to join the Ferret Society.

Facts about the Ferret society:

Logo:
    TSR Smilies: none
    Number of Members: 9

Owner: teehar
    The Ferret Society does not have the biggest thread in the societies forum. To check for yourself, then don't click here. The society is growing
    The Ferret society was not in the TSR awards.

The Members:

Owner:-

teehar

Members list:-
    Kavanne
    beth_geog

Member count:4

The Ferret Points Game!

Well, first i will introduce the new feature. This new feature is a ranking system. The only way you can rank is by earning Ferret Points (FP). It is like a league table. The person with the most points will be at the top, the person with the least will be at the bottom. On the last day of each month at 9pm UK time. the person with the most points will be this months winner. Points will not be reset.

Now, how do you earn points?

Getting a 500th Post e.g Getting the 12,500th post will earn you points.
    Making a 1000th post e.g Making the 15,000th post will earn you points.
    Being an active poster
    Getting a 10,000th post e.g Getting the 20,000th post
    Links to the Ferret society in your signature
    Special Owner points. teehar may wish to award you for something.

This points system is not something to get angry over. It is not a popularity contest, and points will be earned. No favouritism, cheating or fighting will be accepted. Points will be deducted.

Point amount:

FP will be like rep. The more you have the more gems you have. Except the more points you have on here, the different colour your name will be. The colour scale will be posted up soon.

If for any reason i have not added points onto your username then please PM me to let me know. I will need proof of you deserving the points because i will not randomly dish out posts.

What do you need to do to become a participant?

To be involved in this game. You need to match these two rules to get in.

You need to be a member of the Ferret Society.
    You need to have the Ferret Society displayed in your signature.

The reason you need to have the Ferret Society in your signature is so you can start off with some FP. Those rules need to be completed in order to be in it. You have until tomorrow to make sure that is done.

Good luck. Remember to start getting FP straight away so you do not have a disadvantage later on.

From teehar .

ReputationRep:
    This is so not funny!

Plus, I think your logo is bigger than 50 x 50 and hence wouldn't be allowed anyway! :p:

ReputationRep:
    i think its a cute idea...can there be a physical prize tho? and can we get FP for ferrettishly cunning comments?

incidentally i also believe teehar that you need to extend your list of societies!! might i suggest my very own? first on my list and such a good choice (mainly because of that picture...essence of my childhood!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill_More_Foxes)
    i think its a cute idea...can there be a physical prize tho? and can we get FP for ferrettishly cunning comments?
    You do realise that it's a complete rip-off of the Penguin Soc, right? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So? Technically it doesnt really matter who had the initiative in the first place. The OP actually refers to it as 'the penguin points game' and explains its the same with a few differences. Why does it matter anyway? If people want to join they will and if they dont they wont.

You might have noticed im not a huge fan of people who appear to enjoy adding derogatory replies to harmless threads - presumably just to raise their post count...sad world.

ReputationRep:
    So? Technically it doesnt really matter who had the initiative in the first place. The OP actually refers to it as 'the penguin points game' and explains its the same with a few differences. Why does it matter anyway? If people want to join they will and if they dont they wont.

You might have noticed im not a huge fan of people who appear to enjoy adding derogatory replies to harmless threads - presumably just to raise their post count...sad world.
    I'm not adding derogatory comments - the OP is a mate of mine and I was just having a laugh with him. Also, I haven't noticed you before anyway and couldn't care less about my post count.

ReputationRep:
    pardon me, thought you seemed a little uptight thats all.
    funnily enough...i havent exactly noticed you earlier either which is hardly surprising and totally irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    pardon me, thought you seemed a little uptight thats all.
    funnily enough...i havent exactly noticed you earlier either which is hardly surprising and totally irrelevant

sorry, kill more foxes, but it says you have too many societies, so you have to leave another one and reapply to join before it goes up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratikv)
    This is so not funny!

Plus, I think your logo is bigger than 50 x 50 and hence wouldn't be allowed anyway! :p:
    check out my socities to see the logo

and yes i think it is rather funny:p:

ReputationRep:
    k well maybe after the weekend...!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teehar)
    check out my socities to see the logo

and yes i think it is rather funny:p:
    I can't even make it out! teehar, you have way too much time on your hands - you're a member of almost every soc! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratikv)
    I can't even make it out! teehar, you have way too much time on your hands - you're a member of almost every soc! :p:
    a screw up in the system allowed me to subscribe to more than the allowed limit:p:

ReputationRep:
    ferrets are cuter than penguins, and you can train them to be your evil minions, so they kick ass!

ReputationRep:
    I used to own a ferret. Sadly she had been mistreated by her previous owner and was quite violent towards me as a result.

I still get nervous when ferrets come on the telly now.... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    a screw up in the system allowed me to subscribe to more than the allowed limit:p:
    What is the 'apparent' limit? Also, I never see you in the Anti-Racism Soc, *****! :p:

ReputationRep:
    i didn't know there was a limit? I think im a member of 6 now or maybe 7

woo ferrets rock

ReputationRep:
    I was a ferret once.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, a poor misguided young ferret.

ReputationRep:
    :motz: you've killed my thread and society !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    :motz: you've killed my thread and society !!!!!!
    Calm down mate etam.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.