Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that there are tons of these threads but I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and start one myself. I have got offers from all 6 of my universities including LSE (AAB) but I really don't fancy London.

In terms of reputation etc, which would be a better uni? Durham or Warwick? I have friends going to both places next year, so I am quite torn between the 2. I dont intend to start a big discussion on which one is worse but I would like any opinions. I am truly torn between the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    I know that there are tons of these threads but I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and start one myself. I have got offers from all 6 of my universities including LSE (AAB) but I really don't fancy London.

In terms of reputation etc, which would be a better uni? Durham or Warwick? I have friends going to both places next year, so I am quite torn between the 2. I dont intend to start a big discussion on which one is worse but I would like any opinions. I am truly torn between the two.
    Durham no doubt about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George-W-Duck)
    Durham no doubt about it.
    I'll second that. Warwick is a bit of a concrete jungle, i wouldn't like to go there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    I'll second that. Warwick is a bit of a concrete jungle, i wouldn't like to go there!
    Yeah Durham, go for the established repuation. Its a nice place to live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    Yeah Durham, go for the established repuation. Its a nice place to live.
    i prefer warwick

ReputationRep:
    Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    durham definitely.... its not a hard choice :rolleyes:

warwick but you are vaguely insane for rejecting lse, why apply if you don't want to stay in london? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)

Durham without a shadow of a doubt. I kinda wished I had applied there but it's just so damned far away form where I'm based!

ReputationRep:
    Durham!! I don't think you're insane for rejecting LSE if you go to either Durham or Warwick. I didn't apply to LSE because I wanted a campus uni, and I would have done the same as you.

Take care! Maybe I'll see you at Durham. BTW, which college?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe.. I did the most retarded thing ever. I made a table using league table thingies from Guardian and Times for Law and the Guardian overall uni ranking and I did averages!

I'm pleased that my uni choices had an average of 10 and below. I have no idea why Warwick ranked so badly on the Times Law table though! 18 is harsh!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.