This discussion is closed.
starry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I know that there are tons of these threads but I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and start one myself. I have got offers from all 6 of my universities including LSE (AAB) but I really don't fancy London.

In terms of reputation etc, which would be a better uni? Durham or Warwick? I have friends going to both places next year, so I am quite torn between the 2. I dont intend to start a big discussion on which one is worse but I would like any opinions. I am truly torn between the two.
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)
I know that there are tons of these threads but I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and start one myself. I have got offers from all 6 of my universities including LSE (AAB) but I really don't fancy London.

In terms of reputation etc, which would be a better uni? Durham or Warwick? I have friends going to both places next year, so I am quite torn between the 2. I dont intend to start a big discussion on which one is worse but I would like any opinions. I am truly torn between the two.
Durham no doubt about it.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Durham no doubt about it.
I'll second that. Warwick is a bit of a concrete jungle, i wouldn't like to go there!
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
I'll second that. Warwick is a bit of a concrete jungle, i wouldn't like to go there!
Yeah Durham, go for the established repuation. Its a nice place to live.
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ladyluck)
Yeah Durham, go for the established repuation. Its a nice place to live.
i prefer warwick
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Warwick.
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
durham definitely.... its not a hard choice :rolleyes:
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
warwick but you are vaguely insane for rejecting lse, why apply if you don't want to stay in london? :confused:
ellel
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)

Durham without a shadow of a doubt. I kinda wished I had applied there but it's just so damned far away form where I'm based!
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Durham!! I don't think you're insane for rejecting LSE if you go to either Durham or Warwick. I didn't apply to LSE because I wanted a campus uni, and I would have done the same as you.

Take care! Maybe I'll see you at Durham. BTW, which college?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe.. I did the most ******ed thing ever. I made a table using league table thingies from Guardian and Times for Law and the Guardian overall uni ranking and I did averages!

I'm pleased that my uni choices had an average of 10 and below. I have no idea why Warwick ranked so badly on the Times Law table though! 18 is harsh!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (210)
60.17%
No they should not (101)
28.94%
Abstain (38)
10.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed