Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    do nose piercings ever grow completely back if leaving the stud out?
    i wana know coz i reli want my nose done buut am scared in case it reali dusnt suit me or i change my mind..dnt wana hole in my nose :|
    xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    I want to know this as well! You can get artificial nose piercings which I'm going to buy. I'll wear them for a week and see how they look on me - if they don't suit me then I'm not going to get my nose pierced

ReputationRep:
    when you take the stud out it will heal up fairly quickly, maybe in a week or two, after that you will probably be left with a tiny dot which looks a little like a blackhead, and after a year or so it shouldnt be noticable. but if you get it done and decide it dosnt suit you immediatly i.e. within a week, and you take it out, it should heal up straight away without leaving anything!
    good luck (ps if anyone says it hurts i think they're crazy!)

ReputationRep:
    where can u buy artificial ones?
    r they magnetic...coz how wud that work? wuldnt the magnet get lost up ur nostril *ew*
    xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure - my mums friend was talking about them and I'm going to ask her. I'd imagine they're just sticky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fashiongirly)
    where can u buy artificial ones?
    r they magnetic...coz how wud that work? wuldnt the magnet get lost up ur nostril *ew*
    xxxxx
    You can get magnetic ones but I've heard stories about people having to go to hospital with a magnet wedged up their nostril

It does heal totally as long as you look after it well when it's first pierced - keep it clean and don't knock it, and it won't scar. I had mine done about two years ago, took it out after six months and a few months later it wasn't noticable at all.

ReputationRep:
    It usually will leave a scar that's noticeable if you're looking for it, if you know what I mean. Generally they seem to look like blackheads. Scars do fade though. You're probably more likely to get nasty scarring if you get it done with a gun - so if you do get it done, needle. Needle needle needle. Guns are awful.

If you're any good with Photoshop/image editing then Photoshop a nose stud on a picture of you, or get someone else to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Don't get it unless you're sure. And don't get it done with a gun!
    :ditto: I was smart and got it done with a needle :cool:

I've had mine for just over 2 years now and if I take it out you can see the hole, but I'd imagine that if you take it out just after you get it done it will heal over pretty quickly. But it would be a complete waste of money!

ReputationRep:
    mwah ah ah, i break all your rules! i had mine done a few years ago, with a GUN *shock horror*, it used to constantly fall out when i slept, so when i woke up it would be closed up again and i'd have to repierce it, plus i once spent a month in america and had no clue where to buy nose pins (the little studs that sit completely flat against your nose and look just like a diamante) which were the ONLY things i'd put in it (i refused to wear a hoop. or a massives stud. eeew) and because i couldn't find any i just peirced it with a blunt stud every morning, it would close up and i'd repierce it the next day etc.

so yeah, gist of the story is i didn't really take that much care of it. But when i finally wanted it to close up for good, it did straight away, didn't leave any kind of a mark and there is no, i repeat, no, evidence of it ever having been peirced. plus my skin scars really easily as well, so i'm shocked it didn't even leave a tiny scar.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, if you want it done, then go for it. Don't dither about it 'cause you'll never get it

Dont Do It!

ReputationRep:
    I had mine done 5 years ago with a needle, took it out about 4 years ago and you couldn't tell I'd ever had it done after a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I have mine done, and it kept falling out at night and stuff, and then id have to repierce it the next morning, which hurts like hell. it takes about a year to fully heal (so that you can leave it out for a while and it wont close up). mine used to get infected where i played with it and id have to walk around with a lump of puss on my face, so make sure you look after it well! keep a plaster on it at night so you dont knock it out.
    if it does leave a mark, it wont be noticeable at all as the studs have a thin stem, and you can probably cover over it with make up anyway.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.