Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sausage)
    Theyr just bratty school kids. They would take the piss out of a wall if it could answer them back.
    :congrats::rofl:
    Sad, but true

I find the best way to tackle bullying is to face it head on. We all know ignoring it doesn't work as the bullies are often looking for a response and all that happens is your self-esteem just gets more eroded and you lose self- respect for letting them walk all over you. Being funny and witty is a good verbal way (lots of comedians were bullied at school) these lines were on films I haven't used them but I thought they were pretty cool

bully: 'your such a geek'
    you: 'yeah but at least I'll get a good job whereas you'll be serving my kids fries on our way to a skiing trip'

bully:'virgin'
    you: 'yeah I may not of had sex but I could **** you up' (don't try if person is harder than you'

bully:'you're so fat'
    you 'yeah I've got bigger tits than you!' (if girl)

you 'that's because every time I **** your mum she gives me a biscuit' (if girl)

bully:if younger and in the evening 'blah blah'
    you: 'does your mummy know you're out this late'

bully:'blah blah'
    you: *shout* 'I've told you before I'm not interested in sleeping with you'

Sometimes it's good to deflate the objective by agreeing with it (say it like you are almost proud) so that they think you don't give a **** and it doesn't hurt your feelings when they say it

bully:'You're such a loner'
    you:'yeah I know, I have literally no friends'

bully: 'you're suck a prick'
    you : 'yeah I am a bit of a ****** aren't I'

It works because by agreeing with them you are being nice to them and seeking rapport; they want you to hate them so they don't feel guilty the next time they are nasty. The worst thing you can do is take the piss too much then they will resent you even more and be even more mean. Sometimes you can appeal to their limited compassion as often they lack empathy and are obliviose to how hurtful they are being, look them intently in the eye with a strong confident gaze. Stare into there eyes and try and say it confidently and simply, don't say it all in one big go, it's important just to say one line and then wait for a response keep looking and they will become uncomfortable.

Bully: blah blah
    you: why are you being so nasty to me?

do you like being nasty to people ?
    is that your thing?
    coming up to me and being nasty to impress your friends to embarrass me
    do you like making less of people?
    why would you do that?

Or you could just take up boxing and punch them in the face:p: This works especially well if you are a girl as boys can't hit girls and if it's a girl she will probably start crying ha ha often violence is the only way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

That's quality :cool:

Although you will most likely get chinned.

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks for those lines

I'm very tempted by boxing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol - i am glad to see that everyone is helping one another! just shows that thsi thread is a success

ReputationRep:
    I'm back in their lesson on Wednesday. Woooo My teacher and I are watching each others backs though. We reported the kids and they each have to write a letter of apology *smirk*

I find the best way to tackle bullying is to face it head on. We all know ignoring it doesn't work as the bullies are often looking for a response and all that happens is your self-esteem just gets more eroded and you lose self- respect for letting them walk all over you. Being funny and witty is a good verbal way (lots of comedians were bullied at school) these lines were on films I haven't used them but I thought they were pretty cool

bully: 'your such a geek'
    you: 'yeah but at least I'll get a good job whereas you'll be serving my kids fries on our way to a skiing trip'

bully:'virgin'
    you: 'yeah I may not of had sex but I could **** you up' (don't try if person is harder than you'

you 'yeah I've got bigger tits than you!' (if girl)

you 'that's because every time I **** your mum she gives me a biscuit' (if girl)

bully:if younger and in the evening 'blah blah'
    you: 'does your mummy know you're out this late'

Sometimes it's good to deflate the objective by agreeing with it (say it like you are almost proud) so that they think you don't give a **** and it doesn't hurt your feelings when they say it

bully:'You're such a loner'
    you:'yeah I know, I have literally no friends'

bully: 'you're suck a prick'
    you : 'yeah I am a bit of a ****** aren't I'

It works because by agreeing with them you are being nice to them and seeking rapport; they want you to hate them so they don't feel guilty the next time they are nasty. The worst thing you can do is take the piss too much then they will resent you even more and be even more mean. Sometimes you can appeal to their limited compassion as often they lack empathy and are obliviose to how hurtful they are being, look them intently in the eye with a strong confident gaze. Stare into there eyes and try and say it confidently and simply, don't say it all in one big go, it's important just to say one line and then wait for a response keep looking and they will become uncomfortable.

Bully: blah blah
    you: why are you being so nasty to me?

do you like being nasty to people ?
    is that your thing?
    coming up to me and being nasty to impress your friends to embarrass me
    do you like making less of people?
    why would you do that?

Or you could just take up boxing and punch them in the face:p: This works especially well if you are a girl as boys can't hit girls and if it's a girl she will probably start crying ha ha often violence is the only way!
    Nice... but in reality I wouldn't have the guts to say those kind of things. I would just ignore and feel a bit sad, and then everything's sort of fine later.

I'm such a freaking coward.

how about if the bully said, 'Go back to where you come from'
    What would you say back. As I get shouted that sometimes from bullies at school.

Bullies are so stupid and annoying and hurtful!

^^ "Go back to where you come from?" You should reply:

"No, YOU go back to where you come from. Hell!"

Though, I think it's best that you ignore them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hmmm - "go back to where you come from" you say? lemme think of a good comeback

"i'm sorry i had to be with you the rejects but you see, they needed one intelligent person here!, so its really not my fault, its all politics"

ReputationRep:
    how about if the bully said, 'Go back to where you come from'
    What would you say back. As I get shouted that sometimes from bullies at school.
    I'd just ignore them and show they're not getting to you so they'll just end up ignoring you knowing they're not affecting you in any way untill it dies out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celeritas)
    I'm such a freaking coward.
    No you're not

(Original post by hannah_dru)
    No you're not
    Awww... thanks. I am sometimes a coward then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celeritas)
    Awww... thanks. I am sometimes a coward then.
    You're welcome I don't always say things back because I get scared, but I've started to realise that I don't really care. I'm hoping this'll put them off....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ha ha! good on you hannah - i used to not say anything either and just ignore, but you aint a coward AT all. safer to just not say anything and then they get annoyed you aint reacting and they leave you, but day after day after they would do this to me, so i kinda exploded i guess coz it was just eating me up. lets just say they were shocked i reacted and kinda didn't know what to say, so they left me alone now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wackysparkle)
    ha ha! good on you hannah - i used to not say anything either and just ignore, but you aint a coward AT all. safer to just not say anything and then they get annoyed you aint reacting and they leave you, but day after day after they would do this to me, so i kinda exploded i guess coz it was just eating me up. lets just say they were shocked i reacted and kinda didn't know what to say, so they left me alone now.
    Exactly, they do leave you alone after a while but then the next day they'll try again. It definitely gets frustrating and I usually end up exploding at the person/people who've said something. I threatened the year 9 boys with the idea that my boyfriend would break their legs if they tried to mess around in the lesson where I teach them. Hopefully that will keep em quiet!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :laugh: most certainly! and they wouldn't get the guts to tell the teacher on you coz: 1. you are too nice and wouldn't even dream up semthing like that! 2. they just scared it culd happen!!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah. They told my teacher that and because we're good friends she said "What?! Nah, Hannah would never say that to you."

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2012
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.