ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James)
    Please support me:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?p=7716509
    That sounds like a good idea.

I'm a member of this society but I haven't posted anything yet, so hello

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    I made a comment James, not sure if it's entirely valid or not but it shows my support.:p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I'm not generally getting much support, but at least I tried

ReputationRep:
    Yeah
    Have to wait untill what the actual mods and admin say also it's more their opinion.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i am going there now to comment -- full support from my side

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

I find it quite depressing how many people are against the idea. But then, I'm generally depressed at the moment so that might be the problem...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    argh no! you will always have my support on this issue - i am backing you up on that other thread! --- we will get this forum!!!!

why are you feeling depressed? wanna talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the offer. :hugs:

I'll be fine. I just have an insane amount of work, and a few things have been really pissing me off recently.

It's the weekend soon; that will fix everything :rolleyes:.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ah no problem

lol - the weekend is the cure for everything!!! i have had so much of work recently that i forgot what a weekend was!! lol -- 2 days of sheer luxury!

hope your day brightens up!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully this will still be a consideration, I mean no actual admin have replied just mods and super mods.So lets keep our fingers crossed! :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i just asked whether we could at least have a sticky coz of the fuss many people are making!

seriously - people who haven't bullied couldn't possibly know what victims go through - they are treating this like we need a band aid and everything is fine and dandy! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I asked for a sticky in AAM, they replied with that there are too many stickies in this forum already Blissy did put this on the most useful thread sticky though.

And I agree with you W.S :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    oh great - because people read that thread sooo much :rolleyes:

this clearly isn't working -- but i keep posting in that thread james put up == i think we are coming to some conclusion really thanks to wangers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James)
    I find it quite depressing how many people are against the idea. But then, I'm generally depressed at the moment so that might be the problem...
    I'm all for it! I've posted in the other place... took me quite awhile to work out that wasn't here though...

Anyway, I've only juts found this soc, howdy!

And cheer up, people shouldn't be so against it, I've no idea why they are...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hello and welcome !

yeah - i don't get why people are against it == like i said - i think its coz they don't know how important it is coz they may have never been bullied!

we need the petition to continue though -- care to add your name to our list? --- should be on the previous page i believe

ReputationRep:
    On TSR I have come across some of the nicest people imaginable. When I posted above that I was having a bad week, three users independently PM'd me and/or replied to offer their support. While my friends at uni are sympathetic and generally very nice, it's been you guys that really cheered me up and made me feel like I could talk to someone . Thank you.

I have also come across some genuinely unpleasant individuals on TSR. People who bully, intimidate and ridicule. I don't encounter such people in real life since they are easily avoided, but it is a shame that they have found TSR to be a breeding ground. I didn't notice it at first, but over recent months I've been shocked by the cyber-bullying in action on TSR. Bullies tend to be warned - perhaps even temporarily banned - and their posts are often deleted. But that's not the point; the vulnerable individuals they target still read their nasty and offensive messages.

There's enough bullying in real life, and we've always got to be there for those who want to talk about their troubles and experiences. But we must also be vigilant on TSR, and remain on the lookout for offensive posts to report.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    that was realy nice James - its a long time since someone actually acknowledges how nice some people are - i mean - its like that with me as well - you get nice people at uni and all - but here at TSR - you always get people who reach out - out of kindness and are willing to lend an ear and just listen to what you have to say - and give up time to respond and help you out

i totally agree - TSR needs this desperately - but it seems that some just don't recognise this - and some just don't understand what its like to have someone who listens and responds - someone you don't even know- really brightens your day up -- and all they had to do was listen

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the list too, this is a really important soc it needs publicity
    1. James
    2. Wackysparkle
    3. Enchanté
    4. Hannah_Dru
    5. Frankiebeeb
    Keep it up guys, you've brought comfort to so many people, me included.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ooh thank you Frankiebeeb

ReputationRep:
    1. James
    2. Wackysparkle
    3. Enchanté
    4. Hannah_Dru
    5. Frankiebeeb
    6. Bronsonbear

(Like that?)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2012
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.