Turn on thread page Beta

I LOVE the sales! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardrox)

Where from??? I'm not surprised you were happy!
    WH Smith... I was with a friend who had just paid full price for hers too... Ooh, I got daggers I tell you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elusive Moose)
    Am I mean that if that happens at work, I override it so they're full price anyway?
    Haha, yes that is mean. But the girl was like 'I have to sell it to you as the price it comes up as' which was fine by me... you've just caved in to the man, corporate sellout. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Heh, that's where I work Our manager's obsessed with making money/profit though (i.e. opening the shop at 8:30am. Who goes shopping at 8:30am? Seriously..?!)

ReputationRep:
    I got a lovely Firetrap coat in the sale the otherday. Reduced from £110 to £33, but da lady wouldnt let me have student discount :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    what sort of shop is kookai like. i've never even so much as seen one. i thought it was a designer shop

ReputationRep:
    I love sales too, went on a shopping binge as soon as I got my student loan and got some converse trainers, a top from USC, a couple of dresses and pair of lovely flaired jeans (still not into the skinny thing, lol) all in the sales ranging from 30%-60% off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elusive Moose)
    Heh, that's where I work Our manager's obsessed with making money/profit though (i.e. opening the shop at 8:30am. Who goes shopping at 8:30am? Seriously..?!)
    We open at 8.30am too... sometimes 8am!! Over Christmas my manager tried to make me start work at 7.30am and I was having none of it haha.

Oh, I also got some new leather boots for half price at the weekend. The biker style ones. I also got one of those black fitted shirt dresses which I've been after for ages. Hooray.

I got the most faaantastic emerald green skirt in Benneton for £7.50, reduced from £65. Yay.

ReputationRep:
    I got a Topshop wasitcoat, brownish with sequins under a layer of fabric. Yum. £32, down to £10.80 with student discount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach:))
    Also got a beautiful dress from Monsoon reduced from £160 to £48
    I did that last year, Rach. Yay for Durham shopping!
    And yes, most shops still give student discount on sale items, you just have to ask!

ReputationRep:
    I just bought a pair of earings from Portmans reduced to $4 from $29.95, and a $3 top reduced from $20, woo go me!

No Sportsgirl mag tho I went and checked, still not out yet :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Kurt Geiger boots from Harrods-£150 to £30
    Lamb ruffle denim mini-£170 to £60
    Lamb jabot jersey tank-£250 to £45

Wooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Fluff)
    Kurt Geiger boots from Harrods-£150 to £30
    Wooo
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe I got lucky with that one. I wore my boots out that day and got blisters all over my feet and I ended up having to get them to walk home in but it was ok. They are lush, a bit of a bugger to do up
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Just wanted to share my amazing bargain:
    Pair of Topshop jeans, orginally £40, reduced to £20. Student discount makes them £18.
    £18 for a pair of Topshop jeans you say? Wow! But there is more!

Took them to the checkout, asked the lady for student discount and she said "Fine, that's £9 then please!" :eek:
    Hehehe.

Dont you meant "i love all the tat that they sell off in the sales that no-one really wants?"

I went after Christmas all I ended up buying was stuff at full price...everything in the sale was horrid or junk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrColin)
    Dont you meant "i love all the tat that they sell off in the sales that no-one really wants?"

I went after Christmas all I ended up buying was stuff at full price...everything in the sale was horrid or junk!
    They are not horrid, they are really nice jeans! How can a pair of plain jeans be horrid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    They are not horrid, they are really nice jeans! How can a pair of plain jeans be horrid?
    I am generalising here...but the majority of sale stuff is junk!

you can get horrid jeans....surely you have seen ones chav wear plastered with logos all over.....

ReputationRep:

you can get horrid jeans....surely you have seen ones chav wear plastered with logos all over.....
    One persons junk is another treasure..

Im trying to avoid the shops lately as it too tempting and I just dont have the money

ReputationRep:

Yeah but as I said, mine are plain, good quality jeans from Topshop. Nobody could turn them down, especially at £9. If I had a camera I'd take a pic just to prove how great and inoffensive they are!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    DP had some nice sale jeans at £7 yesterday! Unfortunately they were all size 8, except one pair which were my size but were about 3 feet too long.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.