Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    DP had some nice sale jeans at £7 yesterday! Unfortunately they were all size 8, except one pair which were my size but were about 3 feet too long.
    Awhh yeah I got 2 pairs of jeans from there in the new year for 18 pounds. Love em! That and a great nautical green jacket for a tenner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlgerms)
    Haha, yes that is mean. But the girl was like 'I have to sell it to you as the price it comes up as' which was fine by me... you've just caved in to the man, corporate sellout. :p:
    Isn't there some kind of law about selling things for the price they're advertised at? So if something's labelled wrongly, legally the shop still has to sell it to you at that price.

I dunno, might be wrong though. Yes you are mean :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misslibby)
    Isn't there some kind of law about selling things for the price they're advertised at? So if something's labelled wrongly, legally the shop still has to sell it to you at that price.

I dunno, might be wrong though. Yes you are mean :p:
    Yeah..the price labelled on the clothes is the price to pay not the advertised....you are correct in you assumption
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No, shops don't have to sell it to you at any price! If it's wrong, they can refuse to sell it to you but must then correct it immediately or remove it. So during sales they can't usually spare the staff to do that, which is why they might give it to you at the lower price.

So if something is labelled at £10 but scans at £15 then legally they don't have to sell it for the £10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    DP had some nice sale jeans at £7 yesterday! Unfortunately they were all size 8, except one pair which were my size but were about 3 feet too long.
    Yeah I am 5'3'' and own a pair of 'tall' jeans from DP. Hehe. They were only £7 so I couldn't resist! They are miles too long for me but I just roll them up!

ReputationRep:
    ooh i just bought two lovely pairs of earrings for a £1 in the topshop sale!

buuuut, i have decided i want a pair of black skinny, bexter/baxter(?) jeans now!

ReputationRep:
    I got a Stella McCartney for H and M top reduced from 50€ to 8€ and Gap jeans reduced from 60€ odd to 13€, not bad!

ReputationRep:
    I can beat you all!!!! I got one of those short, military style jackets from my local charity shop. It was originally in Morgan, Paris for I'd say about £80 and I got it for.....wait for it.....£1 YES!! ONE POUND!!! It's STUNNING! WHAT a result!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, just wanted to keep you all updated on my bargains!
    My mum came to visit me yesterday and we went shopping in Newcastle. Went to Topshop and got ANOTHER pair of jeans for £9 (£10 before student discount). However, this time it was also buy one get one free, so I got a zip up top for free!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.