azzy13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
hi. im doing my english language exam on jan 2012 and i need help because i really want to get an A. can some please tell me how to revise for english lang. and how to get good grade. can u tell me what to do to get an A. at the moment i am on a B but i need an A. how can i achieve that.
also can some one suggest me any revision books that are good.

soz if i am asking to much question.

thanks alot azzy. =]
Id and Ego seek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Learn the terminology (word classes, frameworks, discourse grammar, etc) in and out.
Learn theorists and theory in and out.
Study what is needed for A01, A02, and A03.
A lot of practice -- practice essays too.

Good revision tools include Justin Craig, Teachit, GetRevising, xtremepapers (for past papers and mark schemes), and the standard English Language B text book -- because it's written by examiners and it's a great revision tool.

Good luck.
AccioJellyBean
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Practise papers.
And if you have the opportunity to get drafts of your coursework looked at, keep redoing them until they have 100%.
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by azzy13)
hi. im doing my english language exam on jan 2012 and i need help because i really want to get an A. can some please tell me how to revise for english lang. and how to get good grade. can u tell me what to do to get an A. at the moment i am on a B but i need an A. how can i achieve that.
also can some one suggest me any revision books that are good.

soz if i am asking to much question.

thanks alot azzy. =]
Oh **** in the hills, you must be joking. If that's how you write, you wouldn't have even got an E at my school.
Id and Ego seek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
Oh **** in the hills, you must be joking. If that's how you write, you wouldn't have even got an E at my school.
How she writes and structures her sentences on the Internet -- a place known for a high degree of informality and anonymity -- is a fair and accurate representation of how she writes on her English Language paper?

Alrighty then, Language and Technology must not have been a well covered and taught area of study at your school.
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Id and Ego seek)
How she writes and structures her sentences on the Internet -- a place known for a high degree of informality and anonymity -- is a fair and accurate representation of how she writes on her English Language paper?

Alrighty then, Language and Technology must not have been a well covered and taught area of study at your school.
Given the stuff I've done and the communities I'm in, writing informally on the Internet seems thoroughly stupid. Also, someone who is that concerned about their English grade should be willing to work at it whenever they write.

Informal situations should never be cited as an excuse for poor grammar.
Id and Ego seek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Also, someone who is that concerned about their English grade should be willing to work at it whenever they write.
That's all you needed to say; you should save the banter for the Religion board :rolleyes:
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's all you needed to say; you should save the banter for the Religion board :rolleyes:
Excuse me, but this crap coming from a sixteen-year-old - are you still at school, yourself? Get back to me when you've matured enough to understand why I stick to my belief that people should take pride in their selves and make what they write clear by adhering to correct grammar.
Id and Ego seek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
people should take pride in their selves and make what they write clear by adhering to correct grammar.
Haha, wait what? What "crap"? Me telling you to stop judging people by how they write on the Internet? I never even challenged your belief because I agree with you to an extent, but I don't think anyone can be judged on their intellectually and maturity by their lack of proper grammar use -- especially when they probably really don't care about using perfect grammar where it doesn't matter (to most, clearly not you).

Sorry if I've offended you but the misinformed assumptions weren't productive to the purpose and progression of this thread.
Id and Ego seek
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Excuse me, but this crap coming from a sixteen-year-old - are you still at school, yourself? Get back to me when you've matured enough to understand why I stick to my belief that people should take pride in their selves and make what they write clear by adhering to correct grammar.
21 now & you're still wrong hoe
TSAntidote
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
21 now & you're still wrong hoe
rofl 5 years ago
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
21 now & still a ****
Corrected it for you :rolleyes:

Waits five years to reply, bless your little heart.
Id and Ego seek
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Corrected it for you :rolleyes:

Waits five years to reply, bless your little heart.
Lmao someone repped one of my
prevous comments today
Id and Ego seek
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope OP got an A*
need help asap
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i need help man i beg sum1 helps
need help asap
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
need help pls
need help asap
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im doing an exam however im nit ding GCSE yet but got an English exam for 1:30 mins and i really wanna pass if anyone can help with my query pls do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?