The Student Room Group

School wont allow me to re sit

Hi there

I wanted to re sit an exam at my school I have just left, I am currently on a gap year. However they informed me that they do not offer the opportunity for candidates who have just left to re sit. Can i re sit this exam at another college or anywhere else? I really need to re sit this exam as a university placement depends on it,
Thanks x
You can sit an exam at any independent Exam Board Centre. All you need to do is pay for it and turn up.
Yeh as a private candidate...

My school doesnt allow Jan exams so Im doin it elsewhere :smile:
Reply 3
thanks alot! No i dont think the college will let me. The exam is under edexcel so would i re sit it at a center in london or something?
You should be able to re-sit at a college.
If it's maths or english, you could do a one evening a week nightschool for free and then take the exam that way? That's what my brother does anyway.
Reply 5
im in nz at the moment so I wont be able to do nightschool. I was only 15 marks away from a C in this exam aswell. When do re sits have to be sent off by?
Original post by anbagt
im in nz at the moment so I wont be able to do nightschool. I was only 15 marks away from a C in this exam aswell. When do re sits have to be sent off by?

It's too late for Jan resits without a late fee, I'm pretty certain. May/June ones should be in shortly after new year. You can resit it at any school/college local to you who will accept you. It doesn't matter if they do the same exam or board. As a private candidate you will pay for the use of their facilities and the admin involved in getting the right paper for you. Contact the school's exams officer. You'll have to produce some form of ID (usually a passport) when you show up to prove you are who you say you are, as no one will know you at the centre.
Reply 7
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It's too late for Jan resits without a late fee, I'm pretty certain. May/June ones should be in shortly after new year. You can resit it at any school/college local to you who will accept you. It doesn't matter if they do the same exam or board. As a private candidate you will pay for the use of their facilities and the admin involved in getting the right paper for you. Contact the school's exams officer. You'll have to produce some form of ID (usually a passport) when you show up to prove you are who you say you are, as no one will know you at the centre.

cheers, yeah i was planning to re sit in June anyway. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending