Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Coming from France and not having much advice over here I wondered if anyone could help me? I've got unconditionnel offers for both in georaphy(as well as york and King's) but both seem very nice and good.Which one is the best and the most fun?

ReputationRep:
    Both are great unis, i think they're quite similar, both well established well respected unis

(Original post by Nissa)
    Coming from France and not having much advice over here I wondered if anyone could help me? I've got unconditionnel offers for both in georaphy(as well as york and King's) but both seem very nice and good.Which one is the best and the most fun?
    hmm durham is probably most 'fun' (though i'd go for kings out of all the uni's you've chosen), plus it does have a good rep for geography, dont go to st andrews whatever you do, went to visit a friend there at the weekend god its *soo* quiet its scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissa)
    Wow, unconditonal from 2 unis! thats really good well done. I've got an offer from Durham for geography as well, i didn't bother applying to St Andrews. I would definitely go for Durham. its first in the league tables for geography, above Oxford! where as St A is like 15th or sumthing. I have a couple of friends at Durham who say its great fun. Might see you there!

ReputationRep:
    I would go for Durham.

J.

ReputationRep:
    i wud say st and's not that im biased or anything hehe im sure voodoo agrees wit me, its a truly beautiful place. they have so many balls, n fun stuff to do, (raisin weekend for example, n u have to be adopted by an academic mum n dad who look after u throu ya first yr/get u drunk. at the end of the day any uni u decide to go to is as fun as u make it!!!

(Original post by babyboo)
    i wud say st and's not that im biased or anything hehe im sure voodoo agrees wit me, its a truly beautiful place. they have so many balls, n fun stuff to do, (raisin weekend for example, n u have to be adopted by an academic mum n dad who look after u throu ya first yr/get u drunk. at the end of the day any uni u decide to go to is as fun as u make it!!!
    mate they have one club, the bop, which only holds 150 people and you have to queue to get onto the dance floor, you are in the middle of nowhere in a very small town where the 'fun' thing is to go down to the beach every weekend and get wasted, great at first i'm sure but jeez three years of that

its pretty but god its dull..

ReputationRep:
    like i said its as fun as u make it, theres buses that go to the clubs in dundee for a fiver, its only just over an hour from edinb. if ya plan to live ya life in the union at the bops then sure it'll get sh*t but thats the same wit every uni, surely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamishr)
    Wow, unconditonal from 2 unis! thats really good well done. I've got an offer from Durham for geography as well, i didn't bother applying to St Andrews. I would definitely go for Durham. its first in the league tables for geography, above Oxford! where as St A is like 15th or sumthing. I have a couple of friends at Durham who say its great fun. Might see you there!
    Which college are you going to?I wanted to get into University College but they put me in Van Mildert. DO you know if you can change college

ReputationRep:
    certainly Durham!!!

Bar none.

ReputationRep:
    durham...

ReputationRep:
    St Andrews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    St Andrews

Why St andrews? Someone else advised Durham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me2)
    durham...
    Why Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissa)
    Why St andrews? Someone else advised Durham
    Because I like it

I'm guessing you already know which one you prefer but are to scared to choose or want someone to tell you to go to you're prefered one?

I don't know that much about either but St.Andrews have a reputation for partying (or at least that's what I heard) and St.Andrews is higher up in the guardian league tables (?) than Durham.

(Original post by happysunshine)
    St.Andrews have a reputation for partying (or at least that's what I heard)
    hahahahahaha

st andrews is gorgeous but partying..um no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissa)
    Choose Durham! That's where i'm going to apply to for geog (as well as Bristol etc).

ReputationRep:
    if you arent sure which one to go to, you should just go to their open days and see for yourself. im gonna study natural sciences at durham, going on da march open day to see van mildert woohoo, dunno when the st andrew ones are tho

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.