Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i love the matrix. end of story. i don't think they had anything religious behind it.

and fight club

ReputationRep:
    Dawn of the Dead remake was FAR better than Land of the Dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Dawn of the Dead remake was FAR better than Land of the Dead.
    The Dawn remake was a bit of fluff...enjoyable but not a patch on the original.

Land on the other hand...was the most relevant film of last year. Less entertaining perhaps...but far more significant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shylock)
    i love the matrix. end of story. i don't think they had anything religious behind it.
    There are a lot of references to religious doctrine, iconography etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_mat...nterpretations

ReputationRep:
    Anyone saw Veronica Guerin? I think that film is excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgangills)
    Land on the other hand...was the most relevant film of last year.
    You're joking, right?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by morgangills)
    There are a lot of references to religious doctrine, iconography etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_mat...nterpretations
    i watched it as a movie with no religious annotations or anything.

i watched fight club again and i got confused. brad pitt's character (Can't remember his name) was he ever real or all from the beginning, was a figment of edward norton's imagination? because if it was, that guy was really sick...

(Original post by creamcrackered)
    I applaud your excellent taste. Fight Club is a brilliant film.
    I watched half of it but couldn't watch the rest because the DVD was scratched:mad: What I watched was superb though :yy: Very unique.

ReputationRep:
    c4 showed downfall on thursday, i thought it was quite good

ReputationRep:
    I wish to share a review.
    This is a very popular film, and most people I know have seen this, so I will review it and then you can:

Film: Se7en
    Director: David Fincher
    Starring: Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kevin Spacey

This is an exceptional film. Totally original and shot with sleek precision that amazes me to this day.
    A sadistic serial killer is on the loose, basing his murders on the seven deadly sins he plays an intricate game of cat and mouse with detectives David Mills (Brad Pitt) and William Somerset (Morgan Freeman) always managing to stay one step ahead...
    The murders are gruesome as can be expected, and there's many a twist and turn in the tale as you meet a half-living cut up Slothful guy, an internally blown out Gluttonous wretch and a whore slashed deep inside with a tool you can't imagine. As the dank city streets uncover these hidden monstrosities, the home life of Mills and his fragile pregnant wife (Gwyneth Paltrow) becomes disjointed and neglectful, and this sets the pace for the spine chilling finale as the killer reveals himself, only to lead his pursuers to a gut-wrenching conclusion.
    Kevin Spacey is that killer, his name is cleverly his hidden from the opening credits and his performance is easily the best of the film, and although he isn't in it for more than fifteen minutes, his identity is made apparent in the most shocking way, he walks into the cop shop and demands attention. He gets it, covered in blood from a recent kill he lies down ready to receive his punishment and to set himself up for the final victory. Completion of his masterpiece is seemingly inevitible, but you never know what will happen next, on first viewing it proves shocking and mesmerising. The overall work is of greatness and of that year it is only matched by Spacey's other master work 'The Usual Suspects'.
    With awesome direction, great imagery and a fantastically macabre ending, in which Spacey gives the most sickening last smile I have ever seen, it leaves a lasting burnt mark on you, and it is definitely one of the best films ever made. It certainly thinks out of its box.

Rating: 9.5/10

So what do you think? If you haven't seen it I suggest you do. Although if you have a rather squeamish disposition I'd advise against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    c4 showed downfall on thursday, i thought it was quite good

The seens where gobells wife was adminstering posion and the pills to her childen, is still haunting me!

Best film i've seen this week is - Lucky No Slevin, think along the lines of goodfellas, se7en (for its' style) it's great.

Great cast, the plot has no holes in it and nor is is obvious, you think you've worked it out and then another twist is thrown at you, the unsuspecting viewer.

also great this week was, GOODNIGHT AND GOODLUCK

ReputationRep:
    did anyone see the road to guantanamo yesturday?

something i noticed was that at the ad breaks when they had the title, it looked like [max and paddy's] Road to nowhere, lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    my friends did,they were supposed to tell me about it,and they forogt

ReputationRep:
    has anyone seen the pink panther i just need to know before i watch it

i cant bear another dum movie,, i mean munich was ahhhhh

ReputationRep:
    WOW i saw an amzing film last night, AMERICAN HISTORY X - It was mesmerising, poinant and contained some fantastic acting peformances and a great script..

has anyone seen it?

ReputationRep:
    Lucky Number Slevin was real good.

8/10

ReputationRep:
    yeh i thought that was quite fun.

ive started going every two weeks on wednesdays, with that orange wednesdays thing. cost me £3 each time.

recently ive seen munich, king kong, lucky number slevin, the hills have eyes, and final destination 3.

the hills have eyes is a crappy film but is still fun, although seemed less like a horror than just a load of needless violence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefin)
    yeh i thought that was quite fun.

ive started going every two weeks on wednesdays, with that orange wednesdays thing. cost me £3 each time.

recently ive seen munich, king kong, lucky number slevin, the hills have eyes, and final destination 3.

the hills have eyes is a crappy film but is still fun, although seemed less like a horror than just a load of needless violence...
    Yeah, I've seen KK and LNS... out of them.

I don't see the point in seeing remakes though.
    Sure KK was good, but unneccasary they coulda used the celluloid on a totally new, original idea.

That's what cinema lacks these days... Originality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamcrackered)
    Yeah, I've seen KK and LNS... out of them.

I don't see the point in seeing remakes though.
    Sure KK was good, but unneccasary they coulda used the celluloid on a totally new, original idea.

That's what cinema lacks these days... Originality
    Look at the upcoming films on IMDB. Its all remakes/sequels etc etc. Drives me mad!

You seem to be a knowledgable person about film creamcrackered. Have you seen a film called Dark City?
    (1998 - Alex Proyas) with Rufus Sewell/Kiefer Sutherland
    What you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: not seen any new films in a while!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.