Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Im studying environmental science on geography, biology, ecology and little bt chemistry base. Now Im in exchange abroad and studying basically the same stuff, but few subjects are totally outstanding and not realted to what I've studied before etc.

Anyway, attached questions in energy and climate economics, can you help with at least few of them please?
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Questions.docx (29.1 KB, 86 views)

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with my economics hwk question

'the answer to to increasing the long-run trend rate of economic growth is not simply one of increasing spending'
    What do i write for that question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redfury)
    Can someone help me with my economics hwk question

'the answer to to increasing the long-run trend rate of economic growth is not simply one of increasing spending'
    What do i write for that question
    This should be a standard fiscal policy vs supply side essay. I'd argue first that increased spending does have an effect on growth, although this is mostly only effective in the SR. Then I'd argue that improvements in the supply-side are likely to improve growth in the LR, but it alone won't help growth in the SR. In a conclusion I'd conclude both fiscal and supply-side need to work together to ensure good growth now, and a good trend rate in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help to answer these questions
    1) Explain how changes in the interest rates affect consumption and saving
    2) Explain the meaning of the Circular Flow of Income

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redfury)
    Can someone help to answer these questions
    1) Explain how changes in the interest rates affect consumption and saving
    2) Explain the meaning of the Circular Flow of Income
    1) As interest rates decrease, people loose the incentive to save and borrowing becomes cheaper, hence consumption increases. If interest rates go up, people will have the incentive to save (wealth effect) as they gain money from their savings.

2) Circular Flow of Income looks how money flows from firms to households. Money flows in form of income, remember this point. Income comes from factor rewards, Enterprise - Profit, Land - Rent, Labour - Wages, Capital - Interest.

I suggest you also Google the Circular Flow of Income, to get a clear image of how money flows.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the unit3/4 edexcel june 14 papers and mark schemes plz?

ReputationRep:
    to what extent might an increase in the size of public expenditure as a proportion of gdp be likely to increase the rate of economic growth?

ReputationRep:
    Use the multiplier analysis to show the effect of an increase in investment

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a good detailed summary or list of all the diagrams used throughout macro and micro economics.

AS Level - OCR

ReputationRep:
    Hi

got a 4 mark question: "Explain how a fall in unemployment could occur at the same time as a fall in the employment rate".

Now, I imagine this is quite easy for some of you but this really confused last night, I spent hours googling it but didn't really find anything relevant and can't contact teacher atm.

What I don't understand is how they are not in direct proportion to each other, so if employment goes up surely unemployment goes down. Is it to do with previously discouraged workers? I don't have a clue

Would be really greatful for someone to explain this to me as if i were a retarded 5 year old and in your explantation feel free to go beyond 4 marks lol.

thank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonySoprano96)
    Hi

got a 4 mark question: "Explain how a fall in unemployment could occur at the same time as a fall in the employment rate".

Now, I imagine this is quite easy for some of you but this really confused last night, I spent hours googling it but didn't really find anything relevant and can't contact teacher atm.

What I don't understand is how they are not in direct proportion to each other, so if employment goes up surely unemployment goes down. Is it to do with previously discouraged workers? I don't have a clue

Would be really greatful for someone to explain this to me as if i were a retarded 5 year old and in your explantation feel free to go beyond 4 marks lol.

thank
    You have to remember that there are economically inactive workers too - those who are not in employment and whose situation is not considered unemployed.

A fall in the employment rate means that the number of people employed, in proportion to the number of people both employed and unemployed, decreases. This could be as a result of either more people becoming unemployed; more people become economically inactive who were previous employed; or the labour force (number of people employed + number of people unemployed) increasing.

Clearly, it cannot be the third reason, as the employment rate and the number of people unemployed has decreased, so the reason for the fall in the rate of employment could either be because more people are unemployed, or economically inactive.

Meanwhile, if many unemployed people become economically inactive, and no longer actively seek work, then the number of people unemployed will also decrease.

Hope this helped - it's a bit of a dodgy explanation but basically, you need to also consider the people who are/become economically inactive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonySoprano96)
    Hi

thank

could it be the situation where the government abolishes the National Minimum Wage (so basically firms pay workers whatever they want)
    This would mean firms would emply more labour since it'll be more cheaper for them as there is no govt law demanding workers to be paid a certain amount.. Hence unemployment will fall

On the other hand, some people may think it is unfair and thus quit their job because theyre not being paid as desired. As a result because of low wage employment rate falls

ReputationRep:
    thanks edryone

ReputationRep:
    Can the strategic form be ‘solved’ using iterated elimination of dominated
    strategies (IEDS)? If yes, how?

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between Edexcel AS Unit 1 Economics paper 6EC01/01R & 6EC01/01

ReputationRep:
    What are mixed economies and why are there mixed economies? Doing edexcel as economics

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eatthetree)
    What are mixed economies and why are there mixed economies? Doing edexcel as economics

Many thanks
    No one is going to answer the question for you from scratch. You should write your own ideas down, and then that gives someone a platform to build upon.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya could you all please help me to make a decision? I want to study economics at uni.

I need to decide whether to take S3 or M3 for my 6th Further Maths module. I know statistics is more useful for economics, but I feel like I'll get a better mark with M3. So my question is, do you know how much S3 is involved in the economics course at uni? Because if there's a lot of S3 that I need to know, I'm probably going to take S3. However, if S3 isn't that essential, I'll take M3.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Evaluate the extent to which government spending on education is the best way to promote the rate of growth in the economy"
    how would i answer this? any help would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    "Evaluate the extent to which government spending on education is the best way to promote the rate of growth in the economy"

(30 marks)

how would i answer this? any help would be greatly appreciated

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 11, 2018

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.