Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "So actually I believe that I do in fact have a pretty accurate view of the average American. They are ignorant and badly-educated as a whole."

Oh great. Another british elitist. It's like the bad cousin of the spoiled american uni girls who visit europe during the summer, on daddy's credit card.

Without a doubt, you have proved the inferiority of 300 million people as a whole, it's absolutely unquestionable. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djchak)
    "So actually I believe that I do in fact have a pretty accurate view of the average American. They are ignorant and badly-educated as a whole."

Oh great. Another british elitist. It's like the bad cousin of the spoiled american uni girls who visit europe during the summer, on daddy's credit card.

Without a doubt, you have proved the inferiority of 300 million people as a whole, it's absolutely unquestionable. :rolleyes:
    I have plenty of americans in my family. nd apart from the fact that they're scarily nationalistic, i dont see any difference. Humans are just humans in my opinion, dont care where they come from. I hate your government though, and i hate the "god bless america" crap. you talk of elitism. Now, where would the majority of americans place themselves on a list of "the best countries in the whooooole wiiiide woooorld"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    I always resent this. As if they could have won the war without us, or the Ruskies. The war was lost by the Axis as a result of 3 factors ; Britain resisting, Hitler hating Stalin to a suicidal extent ( and everything that entailed ) and the USA (belatedly) becoming involved.
    True, but it can also be said that without their help we would have been in deep trouble. Fair enough they didn't win the war single-handed, but they still saved us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    Right. Go and google, to find im right about us relying on america. Try going to read up on the huge newspaper furore that was created when it became evident that we cant control trident from here. You find it laughable? I dont really, and neither do many other intelligent people. Neither does "bliar", poor sod. You say i havent answered your questions. Well you didnt answer mine. I asked you what us beig rich has to do with whether a nuclear power could take us out. Any county with nuclear capabilities could take us out. Im not daying they would, im saying they could. You need tog et over your natinalistic" we're Britain, we're great, we were well strong a couple of centuries ago, empire, woohoo" attitude, because its childish. The facts are staring at you i the face. Well they will be once youve actually gone and researched it, raher than relying on your wish for britain to be independent of America. This isnt "an siarach" world. Its the real world. Go and do google, now.
    oh, and yes, we have the largestnavy. But i think nukes are a bit faster than boats.
    I knew you were a fool but youre taking the art of nonsense to new levels here. Il give you another chance : We are one of the richest, most advanced nations in the world. We have one of the most advanced and experienced militaries in the world and the largest navy in Western Europe. Even leaving aside the Nuclear question which, regardless of the weaponry side as a Nuclear nation it would be quite easy for us to get around, is amusingly quite beyond your apparent comprehension - Who is going to 'get rid of us in 60 seconds'? Give us a name. Its a simple question requiring a very simple answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikk)
    True, but it can also be said that without their help we would have been in deep trouble. Fair enough they didn't win the war single-handed, but they still saved us.
    They saved us because they were in a position to save us. They were in a position to save us because they sat around for years while we stood alone and the world went to hell. How many millions of lives could have been saved but for American procrastination?

(Original post by nikk)

America saved us in WW2, so we kind of owe them anyway.
    NO THEY DIDN'T! Britain would not have fallen under the control of Germany- even Hitler knew this and is why he never invaded. We wouldn't have been able to regain Europe as quickly as we did with Americas involvment- but they did not save us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    NO THEY DIDN'T! Britain would not have fallen under the control of Germany- even Hitler knew this and is why he never invaded. We wouldn't have been able to regain Europe as quickly as we did with Americas involvment- but they did not save us!
    Why bother? Who are we to argue against the inalienable truths of Holywood?

(Original post by nikk)
    Oh what. How did they save us? Britain,USA and Canada saved France, Holland and all the other countries that were under nazi occupation- but we wenrn't and wouldn't have been.

Why bother? Who are we to argue against the inalienable truths of Holywood?
    To be fair your right. We must thank the Americans for breaking the enigma code as well. I also hear they are making a movie about the American retreat at Dunkirk.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair your right. We must thank the Americans for breaking the enigma code as well. I also hear they are making a movie about the American retreat at Dunkirk.
    Err.. americans don't retreat. It's a good job the American navy was there to give the inept Brits and Froggies a hand evacuating tho

ReputationRep:
    I knew you were a fool but youre taking the art of nonsense to new levels here. Il give you another chance : We are one of the richest, most advanced nations in the world. We have one of the most advanced and experienced militaries in the world and the largest navy in Western Europe. Even leaving aside the Nuclear question which, regardless of the weaponry side as a Nuclear nation it would be quite easy for us to get around, is amusingly quite beyond your apparent comprehension - Who is going to 'get rid of us in 60 seconds'? Give us a name. Its a simple question requiring a very simple answer.
    dear dear, siarach seems to think that i was inferring that someone actually is going to get ri of us in sixty seconds. Someone get him a tutor.

il try it yet again. tell me. what being rich and having a big navy.has got to do with. whether we have.an independent nuclear.deterrent.and what it has.to do with.whether we could.be attacked.by another country.easily.without americas.support behind.us.

advanced is nuclear, kid. these weapons are more advanced than any other. since we dont have our own nuclear weapons to control.how are we the most advanced in terms of weaponry and army.
    i would say rather logically, that any country with its own independent nuclear deterrents was stronger and more advanced than us. and any of said countrys could, if it wanted to, wipe us off the map unless we had america to help us keep the nuclears as a threat.so you want a name.france.japan.china.theres 3. dumbass.
    the lack of grammar and punctuation is done on purpose; it seems wasted on you. grasp, doggy, grasp!

ReputationRep:
    and members of tsr, siarach thinks the weaponry side concernig nukes is "easy to get around" because we have an experienced army who are large, and have big boats. and lots of training. i think hes stuck in 1943

advanced is nuclear, kid. these weapons are more advanced than any other. since we dont have our own nuclear weapons to control.how are we the most
    Erm, since when did we not have our own nuclear warheads?

ReputationRep:
    Erm, since when did we not have our own nuclear warheads?
    use google.please, just do it.or at least read the previous posts.

ReputationRep:
    so you want a name.france.japan.china.theres 3. dumbass.
    And since when has Japan had nuclear warheads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersonic)
    Yip Tony blair i think is one of the strongest links in our government and domestically he has been an almost perrfect pm... in comparison to all the rest
    Either you are naive or in love :confused:

use google.please, just do it.or at least read the previous posts.
    Our nuclear warheads are on our submarines.

ReputationRep:
    Our nuclear warheads are on our submarines.
    they are controlled by americans. its as simple as that. I would not be so maer of fact if i didnt KNOW it was true. Go onto answers.com and type on trident missiles. and there we have it.

ReputationRep:
    they are controlled by americans. its as simple as that. I would not be so maer of fact if i didnt KNOW it was true. Go onto answers.com and type on trident missiles. and there we have it.
    Done it. I quote:

"The Trident is carried by fourteen active US Ohio class submarines and (with British warheads) four UK Vanguard class submarines."

...and there we have it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    British nuclear warheads are designed and manufactured by AWE. From their website:

(Original post by AWE)
    The Trident missiles are supplied by the United States' Lockheed Corporation and loaded onto the submarines at an American naval base. The warheads, designed and manufactured by AWE, are fitted at the submarines' home port in Scotland.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.