Turn on thread page Beta

AVA song leaked(tom delonge's band) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The new band with former Blink 182 frontman Tom Delonge have gone and got their new choone leaked all over the internet so if you haven't heard it, here it is: http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...J1ITFEFWT0O3FP

I ****ing love it, not as life changing as he said it would be but i'm pretty sure that was a joke

anyway, bloody good song

ReputationRep:
    Got it off a friend earlier, and its great, the intro can't be put into words its kind of like they said, an anthem, and the singing as hints of the old tom delonge but enough changes that it matches the new sound amazingly.

It's only one song but its not life changing, and I don't think its going to knock Plus 44 (hoppus and barker's band) off the face of the planet, but rather compliment each other

ReputationRep:
    And he still puts that stupid voice on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    And he still puts that stupid voice on...
    Pretty sure that voice isn't put on

have you actually heard him talk?

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like that song... sounds too much like the Killers.

ReputationRep:
    how much treble could they actually pack into this song?

sounds like a poppier box car racer/blinks last album to me. can't see what all the fuss is about.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt think i'd like them at all....but i guess i've been proven wrong. they're actually good =/

ReputationRep:
    I love it thanks for posting it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sea tea)
    can't see what all the fuss is about.
    What fuss? Noone has heard anything by them yet (bar this tiny thing), it's all just speculation at the moment, and Tom DeLonge bigging up the band.

I like it, but then there was no way I wasn't going to! I'm impressed, can't wait for the rest to come out. Looking forward to the Plus 44 stuff as well.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get what he was talking about when he said he would 'change the world'? I mean, listening to it, it seems to be more samey pop-punk picking up where Blink left off.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds very similar to the "I miss you" style.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds good, it's a progression and change from the last blink-182 album and I like it. His voice though. I'm sure it never used to be so accented, gets worse every year!

I like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leigh)
    What fuss? Noone has heard anything by them yet (bar this tiny thing), it's all just speculation at the moment, and Tom DeLonge bigging up the band.

I like it, but then there was no way I wasn't going to! I'm impressed, can't wait for the rest to come out. Looking forward to the Plus 44 stuff as well.
    take it you've heard Plus 44 - No It isn't?

ReputationRep:
    I have. Not quite as good as this I don't think, but I'll be purchasing a copy of both albums, no question really. What did you think of No It Isn't?

ReputationRep:
    Really like 'No it isn't' as well, probably prefer it to the AVA song at the moment, but I'll be getting both albums anyway, no doubt

ReputationRep:

there are LOTS of people bumming this song/band. that's the fuss.

ReputationRep:
    I guess you were attempting to phrase a question? I may be wrong, but I'll attempt an answer anyway.

The band was hyped before anything was released. It was Tom DeLonge's next project, and after the strange, hushed break up of Blink, they were waiting to see what was going on and where he was going. He made some big promises about what AVA was going to be like, some in jest, some serious, and there's just been a lot of anticipation about anything being released.
    That is all. Bum if you wish, but noone's making you join in. At least it's not being crammed down your throats by Radio One like a lot of new music.

It's only a matter of time... :p:

ReputationRep:
    I guess you were attempting to phrase a question? I may be wrong, but I'll attempt an answer anyway.
    The band was hyped before anything was released. It was Tom DeLonge's next project, and after the strange, hushed break up of Blink, they were waiting to see what was going on and where he was going. He made some big promises about what AVA was going to be like, some in jest, some serious, and there's just been a lot of anticipation about anything being released.
    That is all. Bum if you wish, but noone's making you join in. At least it's not being crammed down your throats by Radio One like a lot of new music.

no, you've misunderstood. i said that i couldn't understand all the fuss about this song, not neccessarily on this forum. you replied with 'what fuss?'. so i explained what i had meant. i haven't been out of the country the last few months, i do know who ava are.

ReputationRep:
    managed to get hold of another AVA song

http://www.punkdisasters.com/

scroll down and get the trial version of WinRar if you dont have it and there is a link to the song called 'Good Day'

another great choone

can't wait till I see them:cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2006
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.