The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ben2111
I have doubts about the compiled code. Why do Delphi apps run as fast as VC++ apps? It´s the same compiler,more or less.

Delphi is an Object Pascal based language ... VC++ is the IDE of a compiler of C++.
Reply 41
Eternal Idol
http://www.x-media.com.ar

What do you think about it?

very flashy! but so hard to use ! everythings so small!!! and no shuffle ?!?! excellent otherwise tho!
Reply 42
ben2111
hehehe... that´s exactly why Delphi is so comfortable, cause all this

char *message_string = (char*)malloc(512);

can just be replaced by MyVariable:string; in Delphi! And don´t tell me the memory is not properly allocated or anything, not one byte is wasted this way!

It could be Comfortable ... the output machine code is crap.
How do you know? Do you really know how the strings works?
I used to think like you when I only knew VB now I know how a string works, I've wrote my own string routines with Assembly.

strlen(),strcpy(),strcat(),etc,etc.
Reply 43
kikzen
very flashy! but so hard to use ! everythings so small!!! and no shuffle ?!?! excellent otherwise tho!

It was developed under a 800x600 resolution :smile:
Is an old application of mine done with VB, I could write it ten times better right now :tongue:
Reply 44
Eternal Idol
http://www.x-media.com.ar

What do you think about it?

Two things:
1) It's a Quick Launch bar not a Quick Lunch bar :tongue: :smile:
2) It seems to assume your windows drive is drive c:. Consequently it installs itself on C: and doesn't seem to setup the Quick launch icon

Oh, and it'd be nicer AA'd but I haven't really played around with it.

Alaric.
Reply 45
Alaric
Two things:
1) It's a Quick Launch bar not a Quick Lunch bar :tongue: :smile:
2) It seems to assume your windows drive is drive c:. Consequently it installs itself on C: and doesn't seem to setup the Quick launch icon

Oh, and it'd be nicer AA'd but I haven't really played around with it.

Alaric.

1.Hey man, give me a break, I'm not even an English speaker hehe :smile:
2.Well, my mistake, I've finished this app. almost two years ago :smile:

'Oh, and it'd be nicer AA'd but I haven't really played around with it.'

What AA'd means?
Reply 46
Eternal Idol
1.Hey man, give me a break, I'm not even an English speaker hehe :smile:

I know but it amused me greatly :smile:

Eternal Idol
What AA'd means?

Anti-aliased.
Reply 47
Alaric
I know but it amused me greatly :smile:

Hehe, no problem.

Alaric
Anti-aliased.

Oh no, you too? Hahaha, I've only coded the application and a friend of mine draw the gfx, he was always asking for and trying to code an anti-alias routine.
This was just an amateur project developed with VB and I think that it deliver what I wanted to do in a great way; I've done the installation app. in VB too hehe.
:cool:
Reply 48
Trousers
Does anyone have Java disabled on their school PCs? I know you're all on half term at the moment so you can't check, but has anyone had problems with it in the past?

Nearly finished my site (see sig) and there's a big problem - sent it to a mate and her PC at work has got Javascript disabled so the links don't work! Apparently it's a security thing so I reckon a lot of schools will do this too.

Help?

Java and JavaScript are not the same (if that's what you're implying).

As for me, I use Java, though I probably know PHP better.

Latest

Trending

Trending