Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Or am I just paranoid, basically as soon as I turned 18 my aunty said I could start babysitting for her, Ive always been quite mature and she trusted me before then I think. Im wondering has she suddenly asked me cause she knows that cause im 18 I'l get the blame from the law if anything goes wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Why would anything go wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I think you are being paranoid, if your auntie had any worries whatsoever about you babysitting she wouldn't ask you....whether you were 18 or 28!!

What could go wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katia)
    Why would anything go wrong?
    It wouldn't im just asking.

ReputationRep:
    Babysitting an adult...i've never heard of...only like nurses or something...
    i think she said that becuase you are mature and maybe she can trust you more. I don't think your aunt would ask you when your 18 so you'll get blamed by the law or anything...it's seems a bit harsh.

I guess she can trust you more since you've become an adult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aNgLoPhIlE)
    i think she said that becuase you are mature and maybe she can trust you more. I don't think your aunt would ask you when your 18 so you'll get blamed by the law or anything...it's seems a bit harsh.

babysitting for her, not babysitting her.

Or is it? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauradelightful)
    I think you are being paranoid, if your auntie had any worries whatsoever about you babysitting she wouldn't ask you....whether you were 18 or 28!!

What could go wrong?
    True, the reason im wondering is because shes always mentioning the law to people lol, why is it that as soon I turned 18 she asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    It wouldn't im just asking.
    But you said that "I'm wondering has she suddenly asked me cause she knows that cause im 18 I'l get the blame from the law if anything goes wrong?" which means that's your main concern? So I asked why would anything go wrong, as in why would there be a reason for something to go wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aNgLoPhIlE)

She wouldn't ask me when I was 17 though I even offered, im sure its cause of the law thing, guess I just see her as an evil aunt:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she sees that as an 18 year old you're more responsible. If you were 17 you'd still be blamed by the law - you'd hardly be "innocent" and people younger than 18 go to juvenile centres. I think you are being a bit too paranoid perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katia)
    But you said that "I'm wondering has she suddenly asked me cause she knows that cause im 18 I'l get the blame from the law if anything goes wrong?" which means that's your main concern? So I asked why would anything go wrong, as in why would there be a reason for something to go wrong...
    Its not my main concern im just wondering if this is the way shes thinking.

ReputationRep:
    Partly because if she left her children with an under-18 and something did go wrong, she'd also be responsible? I'm sure she does trust you, otherwise she wouldn't do it at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indu.Mitra)
    sweetness, ive told u this before. you have depression. the depression does all the negative thinking for oyu. yes u r being paranoid.
    Ive always been like this when it comes to her, its just her:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Partly because if she left her children with an under-18 and something did go wrong, she'd also be responsible? I'm sure she does trust you, otherwise she wouldn't do it at all.
    Exactly thats what I thought, not that anything will go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    Exactly thats what I thought, not that anything will go wrong.
    No, I don't mean that she's trying to shift the blame onto you - just that it's more responsible to have a legal adult around.

ReputationRep:
    :p:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    No, I don't mean that she's trying to shift the blame onto you - just that it's more responsible to have a legal adult around.
    ok Ive always seen her as nasty, probably cause she constantly tells my parents to disconnect the internet and chuck me out:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.