Turn on thread page Beta

Advice Needed watch

Announcements

Right,I'll try to cut a long story short...

There's this girl I'm crazy about, I think about her all the time. She's exactly my type, she's gorgeous, funny...just perfect. I'd really like to ask her out.

You're thinking "what's the problem?" Well....she's my ex...

We broke up about a year ago, she told me the distance was too far - she's at uni in Leeds, I'm in the Midlands, but we still managed to see each other and were really close (and more often than not ended up sleeping together - which went on till about August!)

I told her then that I still had feelings for her, and she admitted that we would still be going out, if not for the distance, but nothing more could happen.

Basically, I can't stop thinking about her and I don't know what to do...

You'llprobably say "move on, find someone else!" but truth is, I'm not sure I can :confused:

Help!

Is she still single? When does she finish uni? Are you at uni in the midlands?

ReputationRep:
    It seems to me that if the distance was the problem and you BOTH want to make another go of things then remove the problem.....the distance!

(Original post by kirstinx)
    Is she still single? When does she finish uni? Are you at uni in the midlands?
    Yeah,she's single, and we're both in our second year...

...and if you saw this post before I made it Anon, keep it to yourself!!!!

No, I didnt see it but even if I did I wouldnt have told anyone

Are your degrees both 3 years? Couldn't you speak to her about moving to a university closer to her?

ReputationRep:
    Tell her how you feel, say distance doesn't matter to you, just as long as you can have her...

(Original post by Katia)
    Tell her how you feel, say distance doesn't matter to you, just as long as you can have her...
    That's the trouble, I've told her before, but she still said it was a problem. We're also still good friends, and I don't want to throw it all away...fookin hell! It would probably be easier if she wasn't single!! At least then it would be all over!

..off out to get drunk

Just move closer to her.

ReputationRep:
    Think about it this way, she probably dosent want to be with you.

If you want somebody bad enough, you wouldnt let anything stop you.

Move on, find somebody who does care about you.

ReputationRep:
    heyy i heard ur dilemma and the exact thing happened to me..but for me i wated so many tears on this guy he's not worht it...turnes out he was cheating on me with two girls!! Forget her and move on..there is some out there for you and some day you will find her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

There's this girl I'm crazy about, I think about her all the time. She's exactly my type, she's gorgeous, funny...just perfect. I'd really like to ask her out.

We broke up about a year ago, she told me the distance was too far - she's at uni in Leeds, I'm in the Midlands, but we still managed to see each other and were really close (and more often than not ended up sleeping together - which went on till about August!)

I told her then that I still had feelings for her, and she admitted that we would still be going out, if not for the distance, but nothing more could happen.

You'llprobably say "move on, find someone else!" but truth is, I'm not sure I can :confused:

Help!
    See this is what i dont get, well i do but still, but she says she cant be with you due to the distance, yet your good enough for aload of no strings ****s????
    I think you might be better off without her mate

(Original post by MNBStyle)
    See this is what i dont get, well i do but still, but she says she cant be with you due to the distance, yet your good enough for aload of no strings ****s????
    I think you might be better off without her mate
    I think you might be right esp as I just found out she's going on a date tonight lol..

So how do I move on? Around Xmas, I was seeing this great girl, went out on a few dates and stuff (but didn't..er, do anything lol...) we got on well enough, but I ended it, cos my feelings for my ex were so strong. Surely I can't feel like this forever?

ReputationRep:

Help!

ex's are ex's for a reason.

Its probably just because its winter and you're feeling lazy.
    the distance is an excuse, shes prob just being nice to you.

ReputationRep:
    I did the same thing for far too long as we were never actually together (although we had our moments) but we were always very close. I made myself finally let go and was then happy about myself and 4 months on I'm in a wonderful relationship with a fantastic girl who clicks perfectly both physically and emotionally! Seriously, if I were you I'd try to cut down the time you spend talking to each other and use her dating other people as a chance to let go. Then do some stuff for yourself. I think if you want to find a good relationship, the first step is being happy enough on your own! Good luck.

(Original post by meepmeep)
    I did the same thing for far too long as we were never actually together (although we had our moments) but we were always very close. I made myself finally let go and was then happy about myself and 4 months on I'm in a wonderful relationship with a fantastic girl who clicks perfectly both physically and emotionally! Seriously, if I were you I'd try to cut down the time you spend talking to each other and use her dating other people as a chance to let go. Then do some stuff for yourself. I think if you want to find a good relationship, the first step is being happy enough on your own! Good luck.
    I think I'm gonna do that,start cutting her out,stop speaking on MSN, delete her phone number, throw photos away (well, not all of them :p: ) and hopefully I'll get over her.

ReputationRep:
    I think you might be right esp as I just found out she's going on a date tonight lol..

So how do I move on? Around Xmas, I was seeing this great girl, went out on a few dates and stuff (but didn't..er, do anything lol...) we got on well enough, but I ended it, cos my feelings for my ex were so strong. Surely I can't feel like this forever?
    You wont feel like this forever dont worry, intime youll move on just remember what your ex has done to you to get you in this position in the first place then itll help

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.