The Student Room Group

Is caviar nice?

I've never tried it except I think once when I was very little. Is it actually nice? What does it taste like? I imagine it would make u get loads of bits stuck in your teeth, dunno why.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd hope so if I'm paying my arm and a leg for it.
Reply 2
Good ones will have a certain fishy taste to it, lousy ones taste like tapioca pudding :tongue:

No idea what's the big deal about them LOL.
It tastes fishy/salty. In my opinion it's OK - worth trying but I've never been like "Man, I could really kill for some caviar right now!"
I had some on my gap yarrhhh, i ate it then just chundered everywhere
It's salty and slightly fishy, and has a really weird texture. I don't like it :no: especially when the eggs pop in your mouth.
I've never understood people's impulse for 'rich people's food'. Lobster, for example, has no flesh on it at all, it's no wonder that in the past, this would be a peasants meal. Never tried caviar, but it'd be cool to try it.
Original post by AmyAintDead

I've never understood people's impulse for 'rich people's food'. Lobster, for example, has no flesh on it at all, it's no wonder that in the past, this would be a peasants meal. Never tried caviar, but it'd be cool to try it.

I'm not fussed by caviar, but properly cooked lobster is actually amazing. Although I'm generally a sucker for shellfish so... =P
Reply 8
It tastes like Frogs eggs. :puke:

And its rich peoples food.
I like it, especially with a little chopped egg too but each to their own.
I do love shellfish too, I must have just had a bad experience, as it was homecooked. It tasted beautiful, no doubt, I was just expecting it to be fatter, as I'm greedy like that, but I was sharing with 3 other people.

I do love shellfish too, I must have just had a bad experience, as it was homecooked. It tasted beautiful, no doubt, I was just expecting it to be fatter, as I'm greedy like that, but I was sharing with 3 other people.

It could have been a small lobster then, You can get some pretty decent portions out of them. Claw meat also gets inexplicably rejected by people/restaurants who seem to think the tail is the only good bit :ahee:
Original post by Herr

No idea what's the big deal about them LOL.

Sorry, but what was funny in any way about that sentence?
Reply 13
Original post by You Failed
Sorry, but what was funny in any way about that sentence?

I don't know LOL.
Claw meat ftw! :ahee:
I've never had proper sturgeon caviar, but when I lived in Russia I used to have homemade stuff all the time. It was pretty nice, but I also had some shop-bought stuff that was horrible, so I think it's a bit hit or miss. Personally I loved the texture - all those tiny little eggies bursting in your mouth. :biggrin:
Reply 16
Eurgh they burst in your mouth definitely not for me. Vom!
Reply 17
Yeah, It's pretty nice but way to expensive for something like that small. You can buy good, cheap caviar in Italian supermarkets :smile:
I don't think I've ever had it to be honest.
Reply 19

how small was your lobster! one lobster should give a decent pile of meat, when you add up the claws :coma: and the tail. add in a bit of melted butter and some nice bread and you have yourself seafood heaven.

GODILOVESEAFOOD :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest