-x

(Original post by becky-x)
    when me and my boyfriend have arguments ..he says im awkward and that
    i am a general"woman"

please tell me what he means bu "general woman"

i do know just need some advice
    its really irritating me

-x
    I doubt he meant a huge amount by it. It was probably just the kind of bloody stupid thing people tend to say when they can't think of anything sensible. In my experience, the world supply of awkwardness is fairly well spread across the gender divide.

ReputationRep:
    It's a huge generalisation isn't it? :confused: It was probably just said in the heat of the moment, just to get a little 'dig' in! He probably didn't mean it really!

ReputationRep:
    You have no idea what you want, you change you mind every 5 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    Women are alkward because they don't come up to me and demand sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    And men do this to you all the time? :eek: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Based on my interpretation of the current stereotypes, he ultimately must mean that you don't argue to point - you bring up stuff that is not relevant to the situation, stuff that is old and archaic, just to win the moment. You forget the point just to win - and thus, resolve nothing.

Just the stereotype you understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratikv)
    And men do this to you all the time? :eek: :rolleyes:
    Not all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say that all girls were awkward, but I'd certainly imagine that awkwardness was one of your better traits.

How about we tell you what he means by "general woman", when you tell us what you mean by "all men are pricks"?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Is this the "Let's-guess-what's-in-my-boyfriend's-(who-none-of-you-know)-mind-game?"

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend says I'm a "typical woman" because I always go to 10 different shops in search of the perfect shoes, then settle on the first pair I saw. And I change my mind about htings every 5 minutes, 10 on a good day.

lol! I am a pain in the neck I'll admit that but he wouldn't want me any other way!

I'm sure your boyfriend didn't mean it in a nasty way, he just couldn't come up with a better arguement than you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    FiL. Sex. Now.

You make me feel like a general woman....

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.