Boone_007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey peeps...I need help with Bowlby's theory. I dont get these key words, please could you provide a simple difinition for each one. The definitions that my text book provides are too complicated and I dont understand them. Please help.
Many thanks

Social releasers:
Sensitive Period:
Internal Working Model:
Continuity Hypothesis:
Saif95
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Boone_007)
Hey peeps...I need help with Bowlby's theory. I dont get these key words, please could you provide a simple difinition for each one. The definitions that my text book provides are too complicated and I dont understand them. Please help.
Many thanks

Social releasers:
Sensitive Period:
Internal Working Model:
Continuity Hypothesis:
Social releasers: To ensure that the mother provides for the infant, the infant behaves in ways which encourage interaction. The infant expresses social releasers, such as smiling, cooing and crying. This is to get a response from the caregiver, which is important in the formation of an attachment.

Sensitive perioid:
Sensitive period is thought to be during the first 2 1/2 years of life, if an attachment is not formed by this time, it is not possible to form an attachment afterwards.

Internal working model: Mental representation provided by the infant’s experiences from early attachment with caregiver. IWM is the use of this relationship as a basis for future relationships. The model is used to determine how they will approach future relationships e.g. with their spouses and own children.

Continutity hypothesis: The continuity hypothesis is the theory that there is a link between the early attachment relationship and later relationships and personality/behaviour. e.g. Securely attached are expected to grow to be more socially competent and insecure to be more aggressive etc...the continuity hypothesis links with the internal working model.

Hope this helps..
Boone_007
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
WOW
Thank you so much for this...THANK YOU!!! This has definitely helped me...
hhh123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Saif95)
Social releasers: To ensure that the mother provides for the infant, the infant behaves in ways which encourage interaction. The infant expresses social releasers, such as smiling, cooing and crying. This is to get a response from the caregiver, which is important in the formation of an attachment.

Sensitive perioid:
Sensitive period is thought to be during the first 2 1/2 years of life, if an attachment is not formed by this time, it is not possible to form an attachment afterwards.

Internal working model: Mental representation provided by the infant’s experiences from early attachment with caregiver. IWM is the use of this relationship as a basis for future relationships. The model is used to determine how they will approach future relationships e.g. with their spouses and own children.

Continutity hypothesis: The continuity hypothesis is the theory that there is a link between the early attachment relationship and later relationships and personality/behaviour. e.g. Securely attached are expected to grow to be more socially competent and insecure to be more aggressive etc...the continuity hypothesis links with the internal working model.

Hope this helps..
This is great!
ZantaClaws
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is there a reference for the continuity hypothesis?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads