Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by burningwings)
    I love them! On anyone.

I have 3.. a stud on each side, and a labret in the middle. I prefer it since I've made my mouth symmetrical, by having my second side lip done, and I've had lots of compliments (and people who don't like it.. mainly school friends who I've known for 7 or so years) and I love it. Get it done if you like them, don't listen to what others think.
    You probably are limiting your appeal by doing it though, but if someone doesnt like me *because* Ive got a lip piercing or 3.. then they werent worth knowing anyway!! Im not discriminating against people because they *dont* have lip piercings!
    And if you're a lip piercing kind of person you probably wouldn't get on with non-lip piercing kind of people, even if you didnt have a lip piercing.

ReputationRep:
    ^ No, probably not! Except I have lots of friends who are definately "no piercings" people...but I've known them since brownies or since yr7, and we probably wouldn't have thought to talk if we met now. Goes to show though, people should be more open minded, cos if we didnt meet till now then Id have missed out on great friends!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    And if you're a lip piercing kind of person you probably wouldn't get on with non-lip piercing kind of people, even if you didnt have a lip piercing.
    I don't get that, explain - it's just very confusing.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I don't get that, explain - it's just very confusing.
    It makes sense if you think about it!

Even if you didn't have a lip piercing, if you're the kind of person that likes them you probably wouldn't get on with people who hates them. So you shouldn't just not get one because of what people will think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    It makes sense if you think about it!

Even if you didn't have a lip piercing, if you're the kind of person that likes them you probably wouldn't get on with people who hates them. So you shouldn't just not get one because of what people will think.
    Wow...still confusing, "shouldn't just not get one"

Ok, so if i like lip piercings and i know someone that doesn't - why would we not get on? Am i the type of person who's going to dislike someone because they have a different view of a piece of metal in someone's face?

ReputationRep:
    i think this question i asked
    has turned into more of a steriotypical thing
    and my question no longer burns

-x

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the tounge stud, feels better if ja catch my drift, but i dont have anything against lip piercing in fact if tastefully done it can look dead sexy, though i stress tastefully there.

ReputationRep:
    I do not find them repulsive, but they are hardly my scene. The best advice, is do what makes you happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky-x)
    i think this question i asked
    has turned into more of a steriotypical thing
    and my question no longer burns

-x
    You said you had it done before so you know how it looks. If you just want to get it done because you think people will think it looks pretty; then forget it. Do it for yourself and not what other people think.

ReputationRep:
    I think the labret piercings look good (I was debating whether to get one myself but decided against it...maybe one day :rolleyes: )

But I absolutely hate the Monroe piercings...I don't mean to be mean or stereotypical here but I associate them with chavs! They look common, but that is just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    girl with a lip-ring = pass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgangills)
    girl with a lip-ring = pass
    With merit or disctinction? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Bloody pedant.

girl with a lip-ring = wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgangills)
    Bloody pedant.

girl with a lip-ring = wouldn't
    Aaah, I get what pass you mean. A bad pass!

ReputationRep:
    Yah.

It's always a question of would or wouldn't?

for example, Scarlett Johannsson = severe would

If you understand that simple concept then you know exactly how the male mind functions.

ReputationRep:
    I dont like piercing... full stop

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people do get freaked out by piercings at first, and a lip one can be quite off-putting because of where it is. If someone likes you anyway they will probably get used to the piercing. I'd only get something done that I think suits me, though, irrespective of whether I like the piercing or think it looks good on other people I've seen. So yes, lip piercings are tricky, don't do it if your lip/mouth is too small or not one of your best features. Then again you've had it done before so the chances are it looks good on you.

Side "b*tch" piercings never, ever, ever look good though (IMO, I suppose:rolleyes: ), they make people look like idiots.

ReputationRep:
    *shudders*

Don't they get in the way of kissing? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i agree with the monroe piercings
    there absolutly hideous =s
    they do look silly, but i think iv finally decided to get a small labret
    iv found out that some shops sell really thin rings with a jewl just above the hole which looks really pretty
    =]
    thank you for all the opinions ^_^

x

ReputationRep:
    I think lip piercings are disgusting? :s:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.