This discussion is closed.
peterophillips
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hello all, i am new to this board but wondering if any of you lot have any ideas as to where i am to start with my sociology context for my a-level coursework .....my hypotheris why are boys underachieving in the education system.
Your help will be very well apprichieated
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by peterophillips)
hello all, i am new to this board but wondering if any of you lot have any ideas as to where i am to start with my sociology context for my a-level coursework .....my hypotheris why are boys underachieving in the education system.
Look at some gender studies about the cultural differences between teenage girls and boys. There's a widely-held belief that girls mature faster than boys, so does this have an impact on the amount of effort they are likely to put into their studies? Does school work have more of an impact on boys' social lives than girls'? Is it considerably less cool for a boy to want to do well in his studies?

You could conduct a survey to determine different attitudes towards work among boys and girls at different ages, and see what it tells you. I'm sure people in your school have done similar projects before, so if you ask your teachers they will probably be able to show you projects from previous years.
Ramaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Theres bound to be news reports on this as it was on the news recntly. Search at the BBC news page, there will probably be statistics you can incorparate into your coursework.
SHANDY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
HAAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAA
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
Look at some gender studies about the cultural differences between teenage girls and boys. There's a widely-held belief that girls mature faster than boys, so does this have an impact on the amount of effort they are likely to put into their studies? Does school work have more of an impact on boys' social lives than girls'? Is it considerably less cool for a boy to want to do well in his studies?
...Or perhaps boys are just thick.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (215)
38.46%
Take autumn exams (167)
29.87%
Look for a job (19)
3.4%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
3.94%
Take a year out (102)
18.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
6.08%

Watched Threads