Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok, i'm a hip hop/garage/trance everything head...

BUT

a friend just recommended this whole panic thing and i've seen it discussed on here, but i was just dismissed it.

YET

i just downloaded their album on itune and what can i say, it really it properly wicked!

ReputationRep:
    Argh I hate Panic!

There just not amazing or new at all and all the emo's think they are.

+ The singer is ****, he sounds like a sheep. bah

Panic! At The Disco are doing nothing new but they're ok to listen to, and the video for I Write Sins Not Tragedies is blingin'. I saw it for the first time this afternoon (rarely watch music TV these days).

ReputationRep:
    it's not bad stuff. i just bought the backstreet boys and steps greatest hits albums. so, by contrast, this is actually alright.

ReputationRep:
    I really like this band from the couple of tracks that I have heard by them. "Lying is the most fun with clothes off," is really good. Their material is just really catchy.

ReputationRep:
    I like them.

ReputationRep:
    Good.... but do you not get the impression that 'proportioned rationality' were his two words for the day, that he had to use as many times as possible. They just don't seem to fit.

ReputationRep:
    Hell of a good job that isn't the lyric then right?

"With a sense of poise and rationality"... I think you'll find.

*Hope's he's right now*

ReputationRep:
    ok, you probably are right- and and that does make more sense *conceeds to being wrong* - but still, they could still count as his words for the day

ReputationRep:
    Could you not say that about any good lyric... ever?

ReputationRep:
    I think they're well good. My boyfriend sent me the album a few days ago, only got round to listening to it yesterday. It's amazinggg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sketchie)
    Argh I hate Panic!

There just not amazing or new at all and all the emo's think they are.
    Well that's good news. I'm a big Panic! fan, and would love to hear a few more bands that sound like them, maybe you, who is so knowledged in them, can point me in the direction of some?

ReputationRep:
    Just downloaded the album (there's plently of seeders on torrentspy btw ). They kinda remind me of The Faint. Slightly eletroclashy.

ReputationRep:
    I saw Panic! live a couple of weeks ago at Manchester they were amazing!!!

ReputationRep:
    I love Panic! but they just sound like Fall Out Boy to me.

Yeah, they sound fairly similar to me too, but then so do a lot of bands I suppose. I really love the newest Panic! At The Disco single, the first time I heard it it was... ok. But I look forward to seeing the video again now. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leigh)
    Hell of a good job that isn't the lyric then right?

"With a sense of poise and rationality"... I think you'll find.

*Hope's he's right now*
    lol,yeah, i used to think it was poisoned rationality but then I realised

ReputationRep:
    I started listening to them last week and yes they certainly reminded me of Fall Out Boy, that's a compliment mind! I especially love "I Write Sins Not Tragedies", the pizicato strings are great! :p: Not to mention the video is...surreal entertainment lol. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to offer in the near future!

ReputationRep:
    i like them.

ReputationRep:
    I luv it!

I keep playin it on my mp3 player everyday!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.