Turn on thread page Beta

drunk watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    being under the influence makes you more confident etc, i feel it every time, can you be this way without getting drunk lol

ReputationRep:
    well it was kinda to do with health lol sorry if i posted it in the wrong forum

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with it making you confident, I think it just makes you not care about things, though it may appear to be confidence.

When you're confident, you know what you're doing, you have things under control and you're calm about it.

Alcohol certainly doesn't give you control, and you may or may not no what you're doing depending how much you've drunk .

ReputationRep:
    is it good if youre not caring about things which you shouldnt anyway though?

ReputationRep:
    A couple/few drinks will make me less self-aware if I want to go and speak to a girl who I meet when I'm out (although chances are I would do anyway, it's just take me longer to pluck up the courage to do so), however several drinks will make me lose too much control and hence I become a little inwardly self-conscious. However, the period where you have a nice balance seems to be the best!

ReputationRep:
    let's get all etymological.

confidence - confidere = to greatly trust. i think that this great trust is, i suppose as said above, us mistaking our lowered inhibitions for something which is supposedly having lots of trust in our "coolness", where we are in fact not that cool.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2006
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.