The Student Room Group

Food poisoning from Chicken Kievs?

I ate Chicken Kievs for dinner, they were from frozen and I cooked them for the time it says.

I ate two bits and then saw that the part of the Kiev that I had started from had a pink colouring to it.

I microwaved it for 2 minutes and it looked fine, but I am worried about the first bits I ate.

Are frozen Kievs pre-cooked before freezing?

Thanks
They always look pinky....

You should be more careful of the hot juices with spray into your ****ing eyes when you put your fork into it!
Reply 2
Original post by Anon 27
I ate Chicken Kievs for dinner, they were from frozen and I cooked them for the time it says.

I ate two bits and then saw that the part of the Kiev that I had started from had a pink colouring to it.

I microwaved it for 2 minutes and it looked fine, but I am worried about the first bits I ate.

Are frozen Kievs pre-cooked before freezing?

Thanks

DAMN THOSE CHICKEN KIEV BASTARDS

dont worry, I've done this many times with chicken currys etc and have never been ill from it after :smile:
Some are pre-cooked depending on what type you buy, but fluctuations in colour could be the result of different parts of the meat being used, ie thigh meat is always pink even after cooking
Reply 4
It is OK. McDonald's chicken nuggets are essentially uncooked chicken kievs anyway
Reply 5
Supermarket Kievs are cooked partially cooked already so you wont die... this time :biggrin:
Reply 6
If you're not ill yet, you're unlikely to be ill from it. Raw chicken itself isn't the problem, it's the bacteria that MIGHT be in it that can cause problems, i.e. pathogenic Salmonella.
f***********n hell

Quick Reply

Latest