Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    Where can we get hold of those shows, gaijin?
    There are torrents available, but check out youtube, veoh, google video, myvideo, dailymotion etc.

Try the folks at d-addicts and J-Dorama as well. The former has a ton of variety comedy programmes such as Lincoln, Gaki no tsukai, Dotch, London Hearts, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    Cool, cheers
    :ditto: :ta:

ReputationRep:
    Found this site by accident, and it has a ton of Japanese vidoes on it. You need to download divX player to get it working.

http://stage6.divx.com/index

Quite a few gravure, anime stuff on there as well - so be careful. Don't tell your Japanese teacher you've being learning the language of some 14 year old with big tits.

Although.....

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna check that out.

Got my oral exam tomorrow and I havent even started writing some sort of script to practise with. Ugh. I've a choice of talking about myself or talking about my hobbies.

ReputationRep:
    nihon eiga suki desu.

puro sakaa pureiaa ni naritai.

Always a winner.

My script writing is coming on pretty good. I haven't got the time to pratice, but I keep forgetting how to spell stuff in katakana (because its fiendish to remember how they butcher our language.)

成功を祈るよ。 ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eien)
    I will be doing Japanese and Korean at university next year, but I have taken the GCSE and A-level by lessons outside school (a bit like private tutoring, except it wasn't a service I had to pay for) and independent studying, which I started three years ago. However, even just 2 weeks in Japan significantly improved my Japanese, although I have a way to go until I fully master the language! I am so envious of half japanese half english families who are fluent in both!
    ohhh. im half japanese and half english. my language skills are apaaaaaaalling. even my english

ReputationRep:
    My Japanese teacher (who is Japanese and probably speaks better English then I do) told me its easier to understand my Japanese then it is to understand my English. My irish accent is too thick.

ReputationRep:
    バムプ!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25WJIUgb6Tg

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to know why almost all japanese shows have weird subtitles

ReputationRep:
    Dunno. Perhaps if you a have real heavy accent like if you are from Fukui or something... it helps people understand you better.

Nah, its sort of slightly based on the written art-form like manga etc.

ReputationRep:
    アゲ!

(゚∀゚)

1ヶ月。。。そして退屈します

このサイトに日本人がありますか?

ReputationRep:
    hi guys! well to cut a long story short, i will be doing japanese as a language joint honour with a cultural studies or anthropology degree....

i just wanted to see, hear from people who have done jap in uni what i am getting myself into...

i know its intensive language work, but....dont you have an option on which stage u want to start like from gcse or scratch? of if not, im gonna sue those propectuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways....like what do u learn first and like...is it relli super hard?

x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm starting a degree like that in september (see my sig). Sorry I can't tell you what it's like yet! I know that at SOAS and presumably other unis, they have different groups for profeciency. One for newcomers, one accelerated one for those with some knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaijin)
    アゲ!

(゚∀゚)

1ヶ月。。。そして退屈します

このサイトに日本人がありますか?
    Ooh gonna translate! Er,

1 month, bored, are there no japanese people on this site?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czarace)
    hi guys! well to cut a long story short, i will be doing japanese as a language joint honour with a cultural studies or anthropology degree....

i just wanted to see, hear from people who have done jap in uni what i am getting myself into...

i know its intensive language work, but....dont you have an option on which stage u want to start like from gcse or scratch? of if not, im gonna sue those propectuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways....like what do u learn first and like...is it relli super hard?

x
    If you call it Jap your teacher will bite your head off, someone in my class called it Jap class and she wasnt amused.

Its not that hard and you probably wont do any kanji for a long time. We started by doing the two written forms and learning grammar and some words then were tested on it throughout the year, and had one oral exam.

I started from scratch aswell, I knew a few things before I went into the class but most didnt.

Its easier than european languages in my opinion, simple grammar, hardest bit is reading the kanji (characters, they arent spelt), that you dont know.

ReputationRep:
    oh well thas okay then....at least it settles me that u dont have to learn loads right? its kinda like law, where they dont accept law a-levels bcoz u start from scratch at uni right? thnx for the feedback.........

^^

ReputationRep:
    Having an A level in Japanese shouldn't give you an advantage or disadvantage in being accepted. Generally having ANY language is an advantage though, so if it's Japanese or a non-language A level, it might be better to have the Japanese. I haven't studied a language in 4 years and they gave me an unconditional so even that's not too big a deal!

ReputationRep:
    If you have another qualification theyd probably try and put you on a higher level unless you can convince them you dont remember any of it.

ReputationRep:
    oh right. well i dont have any japanese on me except for a few basic phrases and sentences....the language i took for GCSE was French, and i got a B so i hope they take credit my language learning skills!^^

x

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.