The Student Room Group

Games you love that no one else seems to have played

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kater Murr
Go for it!

I don't know anyone else who has played either Team Buddies (PS1) or Incredible Crisis (PS1), both brilliant games though.

So strange you mention this but I came to this thread with Team Buddies in my mind, I still have my original copy sat in a cupboard at home. Incredible Crisis, was that the one with the guy in an office building? I think I played a demo...
Original post by Schemilix
Do you ever talk to people who play games? We're not talking about someone who plays Mario Party on their Wii either. :tongue:

:erm: Apparently Spyro just wasn't popular with my friends, most of whom had at least a PS1 and a Gameboy and now have current-gen consoles/PCs. I interpreted the title "games you love that no one you know seems to have played".

Why doesn't Mario Party count as a game, I've never played it but I'm pretty sure that's what it is...
Original post by Philbert
:erm: Apparently Spyro just wasn't popular with my friends, most of whom had at least a PS1 and a Gameboy and now have current-gen consoles/PCs. I interpreted the title "games you love that no one you know seems to have played".

Why doesn't Mario Party count as a game, I've never played it but I'm pretty sure that's what it is...

Casual gamer joke.
Brutal Legend is a fantastic game, but I only know four people - including myself - who have ever heard of it, let alone played it.

A lot of my childhood was taken up on Gauntlet Legends too - originally an arcade game they made in to a PlayStation game. Loved it, absolutely loved it.
Kingdom Hearts, and Legacy of kain: Soulreaver
Reply 205
Vandal Hearts for PS1. Hmm, the graphics have stood the test of time very well. Really need to find this on eBay again some day.... it's been too long.

Reply 206
Original post by cambo211

Was by far the greatest game on Megadrive.

Damn that infernal blue hedgehog stealing all the love.

:eek: :eek3: :eek: hells yeah! I had the sequel Sparkster, wasn't as great but still fun. Konami released it for SNES aswell with completely different stages, so altogether there's actually three Rocket Knight games :awesome:
The new one was lame and doesn't count :colone:
[username+e+2]

Also, Theme Hospital. Ah, Bullfrog, I miss you so.

And Beetle Adventure Racing on the N64. :biggrin: Happy childhood (and not so unrecent) memories.
Reply 208
Original post by Kater Murr
I know right? Dragonwyck is excellent; you should watch the Roger Corman adaptations of Poe.

And also drink lots of water and go to sleep.

I'll watch the Poe stuff. I didn't drink water, but I did eat loads of chicken nuggets and Tabasco sauce, and drink lots of tea.
Reply 209
Reply 210
Original post by WalkerPassingby
So strange you mention this but I came to this thread with Team Buddies in my mind, I still have my original copy sat in a cupboard at home. Incredible Crisis, was that the one with the guy in an office building? I think I played a demo...

Haha, great game! And yeah, Incredible Crisis is the Japanese mini-game game about the guy in the office building - though later you get to play as different members of his family as they all have 'chaotic' days. Great game, though, and another one I barely ever see mentioned anywhere. If ever!
Streets Of Rage
Back in the day.. an RPG called Grandia. Spent many many hours developing my inner gamer on this badboy ^.^ although quite recently found someone who had player it before :eek: -flails-!!
Pirates Vikings and Knights. It's a Source mod and it's totally free. But it's pretty obscure so no one really plays it. I bloody love it though :biggrin:
Original post by Bellissima
toejam and earl3 mission to earth, xbox... i dont know if anyone has played that

Used to play Toejam and Earl on the N64 at my mates house when I was like 8. That was awesome!
Original post by heatherm
scooby doo + the cyber chase = play station 1.
It was epic.
As far as i can remember... Xd

i loved that.
Reply 216
Original post by SinghSTAR
There are loads!

Some of the better known ones that seem to be overshadowed/nobody has played:
1. Worms (The original on PS1 - so good. Still play it now! :smile:)
2. Final Fantasy VIII (Possibly the best game I have ever played. But everyone talks about FFVII! :frown:)

And the more obscure ones:
1. Shaolin (Called Iron Fist in America, I think. Loved this game so much; it got me into doing martial arts!)
2. Fahrenheit (THE best game ever) :biggrin:

Anybody recognise them?! :biggrin:

Shaolin was intense! I screwed my character up by over-feeding him at the start so he sucked in battle as a kid >_<
Reply 217
Digger T. Rock on the NES. No one I know has heard of it, but I used to love that game as a kid...
Original post by Philbert
I know no one IRL who has played any of the Megami Tensei games; the Persona games in particular are some of my favourites. They don't seem to be very popular in the UK.

Games like Ape Escape, Spyro and Croc on PS1 also come to mind.

I FINALLY met somebody else in a pub who was a MegaTen fan. It was a very pleasant experience, especially as I was hooked on P3P at the time.

Ended up scribbling down the entire process necessary to fuse Messiah on a napkin.
Reply 219
My less mainstream childhood faves (could post ****loads of platformers/Final Fantasy):

(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest