The Student Room Group

Will my poor attendance affect my sixth form application?

Hiya, I'm currently in my final GCSE year - year eleven - and my attendance has been awful from September...
Don't worry, I don't just 'bunk' - normally I am at the hospital for series of blood tests and prescriptions, as I have recently been diagnosed with anaemia, and during the summer I had a chest infection, which caused me to have days off in September.
I want to apply for a different sixth form, and I am wondering if my lack of attendance will affect whether I get in or not?

I have predicted grades of A's and A*'s if that is relevant.

Thank youu :smile:
Original post by Wintergirl
Hiya, I'm currently in my final GCSE year - year eleven - and my attendance has been awful from September...
Don't worry, I don't just 'bunk' - normally I am at the hospital for series of blood tests and prescriptions, as I have recently been diagnosed with anaemia, and during the summer I had a chest infection, which caused me to have days off in September.
I want to apply for a different sixth form, and I am wondering if my lack of attendance will affect whether I get in or not?

If you manage to turn your predicted grades into actual grades, I don't see why the 6th form would object to your poor attendance if you have genuine reasons for being absent.
You have genuine reasons for being absent, the hospital appointments, illness etc couldnt be avoided. Its not as if you where bunking off or anything. If they ask, just explain.
As long as you get the grades to get in, you should be fine.
Tbh they only bang on about attendance so that they can use it to blame the student for poor results. It serves no other purpose, other than some sort of benchmark for the kid to be at to get as much learning done as possible.
Reply 4
Original post by Wintergirl

Yeah they should, because in the attendance they'll note down your extenuating circumstance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending