AS psychology revision Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It depends on the person. I find it easier to just try to revise key things, such as case studies, experiments etc, for each section, as these are things you cannot get away without. Also, key words are important to learn as well.
Things such as evaluation points you are more likely to remember yourself without revision, as these are often continuations on thoughts in the exam. If you cant cram, like me, then dont. I haven't started revising either, so dont worry. Just revise key things, and you will know all you need without cramming.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
My psychology exam is like on monday, and I havent done any revision at all due to illness.
our teachers are crap and are nevaer at skool, so im a bit stuck, has anyone done the AS level psychology exam yet?
if they have cud you please email me at

[email protected]

thank you very much
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
actually i think my email address is [email protected]
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
anyone know any studies for or against social and cognative effects on daycare?
HelenBrownsell
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
They are all on s-cool.

Cognitive:
(Scarr, 1998) - positive effects
(Broberg et al., 1997) - positive effects
(Baydar and Brooks-Gunn, 1991) - negative

Social:
Clarke-Stewart et al. (1994) - positive
(Shea, 1981) - positive
(Cole and Cole, 1996) - negative

As not all the experiments are covered in detail, you'll have to look the experiments up on the internet or see if you can find them in books.
Saleema
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
i think im doing aqa, one piece of coursework second year, although we r doin straight after exams, http://www.coursework.info/i/13052.html, this site has tons of essays and coursework u can see and d/l. the essays r much the same as the 18 mark questions, so im just gunna read some and memorise them. GL every1 next monday whos doin as

That was great, exactly what i was looking for, thank you!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
anyone know any studies for or against social and cognative effects on daycare?
I got a great way to do well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STUDY HIGH!!!TAKE THE TEST HIGH!!!GET HIGH SCORES!!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i've found www.garysturt.co.uk to be a great AS and Alevel psychology revision website. if you click on key studies then homework questions then you get loads of past paper questions on the 20studies. also the is an evaluation sheet with every related issue for each study, "related issues and perspectives" is the linf to that fro the key studies page. good luck to everyone o n monday

kate
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Psychology exam tommorow- help! Does anybody fully understand commonsense psychology? I am finding it really hard as we had a student teacher for that part of the course and she was terrible!
If you can help, email me @ [email protected].......

Thanks x
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
My exam is 2morro and I havent done any revision coz when I revise I get stressed and make myself ill. Im stressin!! Can anyone help me remember which amnesia is which? retrograde and anterograde (or summat like that) I can never remember which is which. plz help!
unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Okay, now I'm really worried. Yes I'm sitting the exam in about 16 hours and I have revised, to an extent, but what the hell is retrograde and anterograde in amnesia ?

Oh well, I will look forward to the re-sits!

Good luck to everyone for tommorow.

Jane
blob
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
FED UP OF SCHOOL!!
i love psychology but theres so much **** 2 learn in such a short space of time! its depressing
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by unregistered
Okay, now I'm really worried. Yes I'm sitting the exam in about 16 hours and I have revised, to an extent, but what the hell is retrograde and anterograde in amnesia ?

Oh well, I will look forward to the re-sits!

Good luck to everyone for tommorow.

Jane
Anterograde amnesia is loss of memory for events that occured prior to the celebral shock, and retrograde amnesia is when is memory loss for experiences occuring after the brain trauma.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
my exam is in a little under 10 hours, and im jst about to start revising. havnt been to a lesson since january, so it should be a laugh. or not. i need to pass it hard or im screwed. mission impossible i reckon. ill be back on results day.
l8erz.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
[nopr fjk\f
Acerossi
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Good Luck to all those who have exams today!!!!
In fact, Good luck to those who have exams whenever!
I got mine today, and am struggling to remember everything. I've been revising solid for 2 HOURS!!!!
Like I said, i hope it all goes well for ya!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've got AQA spec B today, which hardly anyone else is doing.

I'll do okay i hope, but i keep on forgetting some studies, what they were, and the results.

I cant remember Dweck, Frombaise (spelling), or any studies at all for things such as amnesia. I think i remember the amnesia types at least, but i cant remember exactly, so i cant remember HM properly, for example.

Finally, what were the names and methods of Adorno's studies into social groups?

Please, help.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (4)
44.44%
No - I got the required grades (4)
44.44%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads