The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Cornwall Campus?

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys :smile: I'm approaching yr 13 but am liking the look of exeters cornwall campus right now. I want to study BSc Geography, however i am a little confused.;
On the bsc geog site for cornwall it is entitled bsc geography (environmental management).
Would i have to take this course? Or is it optional to turn to environmental management? Only i would prefer just BSc Geog :/
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Hey guys :smile: I'm approaching yr 13 but am liking the look of exeters cornwall campus right now. I want to study BSc Geography, however i am a little confused.;
On the bsc geog site for cornwall it is entitled bsc geography (environmental management).
Would i have to take this course? Or is it optional to turn to environmental management? Only i would prefer just BSc Geog :/

http://geography.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/cornwall/bscgeography/

If you start the BSc Geography programme in 2012 then you will have the option of following the Environmental Management pathway in your second year.
Reply 102
Has anyone else applied or recieved offers for 2013 entry?
Original post by Daisyanne

My daughter applied for Environmental Science about two weeks ago and received an offer within a few days.

I applied on Monday for BSc Geography :smile: Not had any offers come through yet.
Reply 105
Original post by TheFlyingGribble
My daughter applied for Environmental Science about two weeks ago and received an offer within a few days.

I applied on Monday for BSc Geography :smile: Not had any offers come through yet.

Ah exciting! I've got an offer for Politics and International Relations.
I applied for zoology about a week ago but haven't heard anything just yet. Has anyone else had an offer for any BioSciences?
Original post by mattrambo
Hi everyone,
I have a conditional offer from Exeter CC for Conservation bio and ecology but am stuck as to whether I choose to go here or to Lancaster uni for the same course. As I live in Cornwall, Im not sure which place is best for me.:confused:

I was at Lancaster for 6 weeks and then dropped out (this year.) Its a very conservative and northern town. Only worth going if you can deal with the endless rain and abundance of chinese students. But I was in Cartmel College which is known to be a crappy one. I you do go, apply for Furness, Fylde or County college.
Got a conditional offer of ABB for BSc Geography at cornwall campus :biggrin:
I also got my offer for Zoology yesterday for ABB! I've noticed alot of ABB offers for Cornwall Campus and I was wondering if this is lower than people were expecting. Not that I'm complaining but I was expecting AAB if not AAA.
Original post by hearyourheart
I also got my offer for Zoology yesterday for ABB! I've noticed alot of ABB offers for Cornwall Campus and I was wondering if this is lower than people were expecting. Not that I'm complaining but I was expecting AAB if not AAA.

Yes I expected the same! But i'm not complaining about it lol :wink:
Yes I expected the same! But i'm not complaining about it lol :wink:

Ha, I guess it could be because it's so very far away from most peoples homes and a big city, so they don't get enough applicants to give out too high grades. It's definately better for those of us who do want to travel that far though :smile:
Reply 112
I applied nearly a month ago but haven't heard anything yet :s I already have ABB A levels from a few years ago and am doing an Access Course at the moment. Eeek, slightly worried!
Original post by hearyourheart
Ha, I guess it could be because it's so very far away from most peoples homes and a big city, so they don't get enough applicants to give out too high grades. It's definately better for those of us who do want to travel that far though :smile:

Yeah, I didnt want to travel that far way originally, still a little worried about that, but it feels like a really nice place to study, and it had one of the best courses i had been looking at. It's such a good uni, all my geog teachers reccommend it to me, so I decided it's probably better in the long term to travel there and back. It just means I will have to get used to trains and change overs - I've never caught a train by myself before so I see myself getting lost a few times! :/
Original post by AbiSmith93
Firmed Exeter Cornwall Campus on Thursday - getting excited now!

Hi,
I was just wondering if you could give me your opinions on studying BSc Geography at cornwall?
I have an offer from them and I want to do the same course, and it's looking like I will be firming it.
So do you enjoy the course? Is there enough of a physical geography focus or is it more human? Is there a lot of maths involved? Are the lecturers approachable? etc.

Thanks x
Hey everyone - me and a second year zoology student have set up a facebook group for us 2013 freshers at the cornwall campus - join and we can get to know each other and find future coursemates etc!
Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/Christopher.freer#!/groups/373893769372879/
Reply 116
Just submitted my application for conservation biology and ecology! Having never been to cornwall before, i'm really wondering what it's gonna be like living there :eek:
Hey everyone - me and a second year zoology student have set up a facebook group for us 2013 freshers at the cornwall campus - join and we can get to know each other and find future coursemates etc!
Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/143595252427755/

Just to further that, I've finally finished exams and begun to flesh it out. This was really useful that last two years so hopefully will be for you guys again. Anyway, put yourselves in the group and start talking. I'm on a year abroad course so won't be here next year but I'll answer what questions I can and keep the group running smoothly :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/143595252427755/
Reply 118
Ah exciting! I've got an offer for Politics and International Relations.

Hey I got an offer for Politics and International Relations too :smile:
got an offer of AAB for Zoology and for Conservation Biology XD and I'm going to the visit day on 16th March to confirm that I really wanna move 7/8 hrs away! :P I had no choice in the campus as they only offer the course(s) at Tremough! but it does look chilled and a little bit different, a nicer atmosphere than some other uni's I looked at!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending