Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im apply for universcity (medicine) and i was wondering if i have to put the uni's in order of choice ? if so does 1st choice mean 1st priority ? and if i dont put a certain uni as 1st choice do i have a less chance of getting in it.

And if there is any other useful infomation about this could you let me know.:yy: :yy: :yy: :tsr2: :tsr2:

(doing this for my gf)

ReputationRep:
    You don't give any priorities when you apply. Universities are not even aware of your other choices.

It is only when you have all offers that you have to select a 'firm' choice and an 'insurance' choice. Then you scrap the other four.

Hope that clears things up.

ReputationRep:
    No need to put them in a specific order, it's only later on that you have to choose the two unis that you prefer

ReputationRep:
    so does she have 2 put her unis in order of preference on her ucas form?

ReputationRep:
    No, I think they will automatically go in alphabetical order if she applies online.

This is for 2007 entry, right?

ReputationRep:
    :yy: yea its for 2007 entry. thanks

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to put universities in any kind of order of preference on the UCAS form. You only have to decide that once all replies are in, when you choose firm and insurance choices (or just a firm in the case of unconditional offers).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.