The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1
DODORO
Hi, I'm so anxiety...
Any one got the offer?
I've just check the successful rate, it's 50 offer/1050 applicants last year!
The typical offer is BCC, but full of AAA join the race.
And I'm studying Pure Maths, Applied Maths, Media Now, it is possible?

Don't you need either English or Theatre Studies/Drama A level? My daughter applied for that course last year, predicted ABB including Eng Lit & Theatre Studies and was rejected without interview. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
i do drama a level now and my friend who does it too hasnt applied to bristol but everwhere she has applied to she has had to do an audition. for the one she has coming up (cant remember where) she needs to take a portfolio of written work and we have done one as part of our course (unit1)so she has it already. i think that without any previous drama experience youll have a very tough time, especially up against people who have.
Reply 3
poowpoow
i do drama a level now and my friend who does it too hasnt applied to bristol but everwhere she has applied to she has had to do an audition. for the one she has coming up (cant remember where) she needs to take a portfolio of written work and we have done one as part of our course (unit1)so she has it already. i think that without any previous drama experience youll have a very tough time, especially up against people who have.

I agree - drama is a very competitive subject and very hard to get into. Of the 6 unis she applied to, my daughter had 3 interviews (resulting in 2 offers) and 3 rejections. All the interviews took all day and included workshops, seminars and personal interviews.

Regarding required grades, Bristol's seem to be lower than most but it's definitely not any easier to get into.
Reply 4
DODORO
Hi, I'm so anxiety...
Any one got the offer?
I've just check the successful rate, it's 50 offer/1050 applicants last year!
The typical offer is BCC, but full of AAA join the race.
And I'm studying Pure Maths, Applied Maths, Media Now, it is possible?

i too am waiting to hear from bristol but i do theatre studeis a level, im pretty sure u have to do it to apply?! where else have u applied? have u had any offers as of yet? are there really 1050 applicants for 50 places?! my god, be bloody lucky to go there! let me know how u go on!
Reply 5
bean4ian
i too am waiting to hear from bristol but i do theatre studeis a level, im pretty sure u have to do it to apply?! where else have u applied? have u had any offers as of yet? are there really 1050 applicants for 50 places?! my god, be bloody lucky to go there! let me know how u go on!

No,there is only 30 places, but 50 offers.
Well I think what I'm going to do in uni is film, i admire the facilities in Bristol,you can have a look of there famous alumni list, quite a lot in the film industry.
So far I've received offers from Manchester, leeds,glasgow,aberdeen...any advice?
Well, good luck, you are my adversary, but you are not my enemy :biggrin:
Reply 6
i do theatre studeis a level, im pretty sure u have to do it to apply?!

My school didn't offer a Theatre Studies option so I checked every university I applied to, to see whether it was necessary. I have applied to do English and Drama though, not pure Drama. Most places, including Bristol, recognise that some schools are evil enough not to offer Theatre Studies and will accept your application anyway. Whether they'll treat it in the same way remains to be seen....
Reply 7
what kind of student do they looking for? shakespeare or the one who can win oscar......so confusing.
Reply 8
Mioniel
My school didn't offer a Theatre Studies option so I checked every university I applied to, to see whether it was necessary. I have applied to do English and Drama though, not pure Drama. Most places, including Bristol, recognise that some schools are evil enough not to offer Theatre Studies and will accept your application anyway. Whether they'll treat it in the same way remains to be seen....

But I think you'll find they want English instead.
Reply 9
Mioniel

if its not pure drama then they prob do recognise that some schools dont offer a-level drama or theatre studies. but for my course as its pure theatre studies (not with eng) then u have to get a grade B in theatre studies.

im confused as to why they would reject u just cos of a science GCSE grade- surely they can see ur doing a more arts based degree so have no need to be excellent in science, but fair enough they want all round clever people at top unis, but GCSE's in my experience is not very representative of a persons intelligence! as by the time u do a-levels ur much more mature, and uve done really well in ure chosen a-level subjects and to me thats more important! they were probably just splitting hairs as they get so many applicants with all A's predicted, they have to have some grounds on which to reject people!

all drama courses accept such a small number of applicants- its scary its a wonder i got any offers!
2 of my friends applied to Bristol for drama this year, both have straight A predictions, good gcses etc etc...One got in, one got rejected...it's a toughie...good luck!
so is bristol any good for drama?? my friend's going there, she got a really easy offer and she didnt have to do an audition or send in a portfolio. she's international tho... wat kind of rep does it have for drama?

Latest

Trending

Trending