Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airport Fairy)
    I just spoke to our other friend in the bar (the girl he likes, actually) and apparently he told her what I'd said and she said, "Well what did you expect when you play your music that loudly? And now you've made her feel bad for having to talk to you about it as well!"

:p:
    what was his reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgangills)
    Try me.
    I couldn't remember the names of any of them if my life depended on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by law:portal)
    what was his reply?
    I don't know, she only said what she'd said to him.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it be funny if he's CDs just "disappeared"? or his laptop "accidently" wiped all his itunes?
    Maybe they could make a reappearance when he learns some manners, the cheeky sod

ReputationRep:
    Is there not anywhere else you could work? i.e. study rooms or library...

ReputationRep:
    I reckon the best thing you could do is send him a link to this thread. He can then read how you find it a problem but also the nice things you said about him and how you don't want to fall out with him. It might make him more reasonable. Couldn't hurt anyway

ReputationRep:
    Ride of the Valkyries. When questioned, assert that you 'love the smell of napalm in the morning'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Special)
    Why should I have to?

All my stuff is here. The study room is in the basement and has no natural light, and the library is a half hour walk away.

ReputationRep:
    ill have words with him. As for him being a friend....i wouldnt go so far to call him that if i were you, dont think of him so highly. i say no more as im not getting involved in it, but yea his music is horrid horrid horrid, and i wasnt amuzed when he came bak saturday and played it at 1am..its not music, its screaming. i thought sum1 was bein murdered the other day wen u can hear it from the car park. Did he really say no? cus thats just wrong. Ask him again, if not ill tell him, if not...go complain. honestly i wudnt protect him...he is not a friend!

ReputationRep:
    He's no friend if he acts like that. If you don't want to have it out with him again go to the wardens/security etc or else speak to the accommodation office. If for some bizarre reason you do want him as a friend after this they do have ways of being discreet about who complained, such as posting notices in all the flats about noise, not just singling him out.

He could just have been having an off day but I wouldn't put up with it anymore. We had the exact same thing with guys living underneath us and it's been continual since we got here in September. It was only after they were partying non stop thru the exam period that one of them got evicted and the rest got fined...but even now they're still at it.

My heart goes out to you, it sucks when you can't even chill or study in your own room!

ReputationRep:
    id just wrap up some headphones and leave them outside his room- or sneak in one day wen he's not there and scratch all his cd's :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Special)
    For the sake of turning music down I don't see why she should

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with his music tastes; what IS wrong is the fact that he imposes them on people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wednesburywench)
    ill have words with him. As for him being a friend....i wouldnt go so far to call him that if i were you, dont think of him so highly. i say no more as im not getting involved in it, but yea his music is horrid horrid horrid, and i wasnt amuzed when he came bak saturday and played it at 1am..its not music, its screaming. i thought sum1 was bein murdered the other day wen u can hear it from the car park. Did he really say no? cus thats just wrong. Ask him again, if not ill tell him, if not...go complain. honestly i wudnt protect him...he is not a friend!
    Argh....sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't. But I was really shocked. I've asked Paul to turn his music down twice since we've been here and both times he's been really good about it. But I thought it was kind of understood that if someone asks you nicely to turn it down, you do. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What about the other people you live with. Aren't they bothered? Could you get one of them to ask him?

ReputationRep:
    Wednesburywench (who posted above) IS one of my other flatmates.....lol.

ReputationRep:
    lol yes just spoke to him in the kitchen, he sed he was havin a bad day and he didnt mean to be funny. im sure he will listen next time. if sum1 asked me i wud turn it down, cus i no how annoying it is to wana sleep/work n ppl are making too much noise upstairs lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airport Fairy)
    Wednesburywench (who posted above) IS one of my other flatmates.....lol.
    Oh, well, at least you've got an ally.
    I'd have said: 'Since you've appointed yourself 'resident D.J' may I make a request?'

And playing your own favourite music genre twice as loud rarely helps as you tend to find yourself embroiled in a great big noise war.

Industrial earphones really helped me.

ReputationRep:
    id ram the ***in cd player up his arse the ignorant prick.

ReputationRep:
    Do you live in halls or in a shared house? You really should complain; after all you've asked him and he refused to turn down his music.

Last year when I was in halls the guys I was living in between used to play music at stupid o'clock in the morning. When I needed to work I asked them to turn the music down and they were fine, but I know other people who had to complain until something was done about it.

Good luck in getting it sorted!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.