Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i wanted to do no.5 but im at that point where i cant see the PoK which sucks. I sort of know what to wrtie and so on but the stupid PoK is a problem plaese help!!!

ReputationRep:
    hey
    im doing num. 5 as well. its hard but u just need to start it. as long as u can justify ur answer, its fine. I started by looking at the title and defining each part. Eg. What is a definite answer, is there such thing? Is there such thing as morality or is it different to each and every person. Is being selfish good or bad? Shouldn’t we all lookout for ourselves. Make a comparison between definite answers in science and mathematics, and indefinite answers in philosophy/TOK.
    Hope this helps, good luck
    JSPM

ReputationRep:
    btw,
    also look at what you think it means by 'definitive' -- do you interpret it to mean truth, knowledge, accepted facts, etc.
    Link questions like 'Why should I be moral?' etc" to ethics if you think that fits be sure to talk about ways of knowing.
    You may also want to look at Immanuel Kant and his work and Categorical Imperative
    If you find anything else let me know.
    JSPM

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.