Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've already bought my dress - it's just all the other accessories and decisions I have to make now! I'm not sure what kind of jewellery, hair and shoes to go for, can anyone help?

I've got black, straight layered hair, past my shoulders, wondering how to wear it. :confused:

I'll post a pic of my dress here too. Thanks a lot
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    OMG I love that dress, where did you get it? :love:
    Go for silver shoes maybe...I can't see it properly but is that ribbon across the middle silver?

ReputationRep:
    Hair up with a slight curl?

ReputationRep:
    O.o Gorgeous dress! I Think accesories definately need to be black/silver, Hair would be so great long and curly down your back, Really gives a sense of drama.

ReputationRep:
    Stunning dress - where's it from?? I want in!! Silver shoes, silver jewellery. Don't wear any more black as the dress is black, so everything else should be sparkly! with smoky eye make up. Check out Oasis, freedom at topshop and accessorize for inexpensive jewellery pieces. As for hair, i'd say wear it long, don't wear it up, long hair should be shown off!! Curly ends or just straight, whatever you're most comfortable with. Have a fab time at the ball Cinderella!

ReputationRep:
    I think if you usually wear your hair down you could try pinning it up to look different, plus if done correctly it can look really elegant and classy.

http://www.screensavershot.com/persons2/rbilson.jpg

If the ball is a little less formal then I guess wearing your hair down would be fine and you could add a bit of a curl to your hair. From the way you described you're hair I imagine a style like this would look great.

http://www.derok.net/derok/images/th...%20roberts.jpg

Sorry for the slight obsession with Rachel Bilson examples but she was the person I first thought of when you described you're hair and I always think she looks great.

ReputationRep:
    Hair jewellery.

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear a choker with that, i think it would look really elegant and add a bit more glamour. xx

ReputationRep:
    Shave all your hair off - Be different

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the black/silver thing. Have your hair put up in a mess of curls with a few falling down over your neck as the neckline of the dress is wide it'll look great. Get nice strappy sandals or dancing shoes, I'd go for fabric or glitter rather than pvc though which can look a wee bity cheap, shouldn't be too much a mission. Try and get a nice silver or black and silver evening bag, maybe some bangles. Love the dress btw!

ReputationRep:
    Well depending on what the ball is like. I would team with black slouchy boots a really expensive chunky silver knecklace and have your hair up with curl ringlets coming down.

I would say keep your hair down and have it slightly curled so it is pretty and wavy..maybe some pretty hair clips to add sparkle.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks for all your really helpful advice! My dress is from Debenhams' Debut by the way, I got it for £42 in a sale when it was originally £140. It's not ribbon in the middle, it's just diamante stuff. Didn't want to splash out loads on a prom dress that I wouldn't have the chance to wear again. I guess I have quite a bit of time before the ball to hunt for accessories and book hairdressing appointments, it's in May - in Manchester's Urbis. Better prepared than not though!
    I think I'm gonna have my hair slightly curled and down, though I'm quite scared as I've never really had it curled before. I was thinking along the same lines as you all for jewellery and shoes, now that I've had the seal of approval it's just down to finding the right pieces.
    Thanks for your help again!

ReputationRep:
    yup, I agree with everything that has been said really...silver and glittery and curl your hair!

ReputationRep:
    I agree - sounds great

ReputationRep:
    Maybe introduce a new colour to the black and silver in your accessories? What about emerald green satin-y shoes, a simple silver pendant with a green focus, and emerald stud earrings... and green sparkly hair bits...?

Excuse while I stop getting carried away...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... good idea dusk! I have a jade pendant that has silver bordering it, with matching bracelet and earrings, maybe I'll wear that. Pity I can't wear the earrings because one of my ears has healed up for the 2nd time! Maybe I'll try re-piercing it again sometime...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.